April 2018 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm checking my NCEES account everyday and can not stop thinking about the results.

Hopefully we get good news,

I've been out of school 30+ years and took my PE in April and found out I passed on May 25.  I took the FE two weeks ago and found out I passed the FE within 6 days.  Two days later my PE license was issued.  I studied on my own.  I put about 300 hours into the PE and about 175 hours into the FE.  I was far more worried about the FE but I think I did very well.  Of 110 questions, I outright guessed on 10, and was unsure on 10 more.  I think I got 75-85 correct, possibly as many as 88 of 110.  The PE AM session was the hardest exam of my life, and I left for lunch break thinking I got 50% right.  I think I got 30 of 40 right on the PM session of the PE.  It was a challenge re-learning Diff Eqns, matrices, Thermodynamics, etc. after so many years.  I worked hard and did not use the online review courses as I had invested $1000 in reference manuals, practice exams, solved problems workbooks and exam/application fees.  I feel a sense of relief.  I prayed often and give God the glory.  It was a long process but so worth it.  I found the FE to be far easier than the PE, even though the FE required me to review things from 35 years ago.  One can also find a lot of helpful videos on YouTube - in particular for the FE exam (e.g., Calculus, Thermo, Fluids, Statis & Dynamics, etc.). 

Back