Any idea about TX reults?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't pass.  

It's ok.  I already knew I didn't pass.  My mom was like ~I have a good feeling this time~
It really is okay! I'm sure the third time will be it for you. It was for me, and a few others around here. The most important thing is don't give up. And yes, enjoy your wedding in April! I'm sure it will be a relief to skip a test cycle, too. I took the exam three times over three consecutive cycles, and that pretty much nearly burnt me out.

got the diagnostics report.  I did 9 points better in AM portion, but got 6 points worst in PM portion which I thought I did well on.  Its a weird diagnostic report, a lot of stuff I thought I bombed I aced like geometrics 3 out of 3.  However, I knew water resources distribution and water treatment very well, but I scored a lot worse than April exam. 

44/80 ====> 68% for Civil WRE so I guess the cut score was similar to April exam about 46 or 47 to pass.  Back to the drawing board

It really is okay! I'm sure the third time will be it for you. It was for me, and a few others around here. The most important thing is don't give up. And yes, enjoy your wedding in April! I'm sure it will be a relief to skip a test cycle, too. I took the exam three times over three consecutive cycles, and that pretty much nearly burnt me out.
Thank you leggo :)  It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one.  Once I process this, I really need to sit down and think of what to do differently, since I only scored 1 pt higher this time.  What PE prep course did you use the time you passed?

Passed with a 70 on Civil/Structural. Your results are now available on the NCEES profile page as well.

Thank you leggo :)  It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one.  Once I process this, I really need to sit down and think of what to do differently, since I only scored 1 pt higher this time.  What PE prep course did you use the time you passed?
I actually lost a point between my first and second attempts (46 and 45). The first time, I self-studied with the CERM and PPI practice problems. The second time, I took the PPI class, which I didn't think was very much help at all. The third time, I invested in both the breadth and depth sections of EET. I did the on-demand, but tried to follow the schedule of the live class to keep myself motivated and studying at a good pace. I pretty much lived and breathed EET. I did the videos the day after they were posted, did practice problems on the other days, and would try to keep one afternoon in the weekend free from all studying (until like the last two weeks before the exam, when all bets were off). I was seriously doing practice problems at lunch at work to stay on track.

I was pretty darned defeated after failing a second time. I wasn't expecting to pass, but it was a really tough pill to swallow. I think a few things contributed to my success. Firstly, I really, REALLY dedicated myself to my studies. I think it took me two tries to get that through my thick skull. I was really diligent about not checking answers of problems as I was doing them when I got stuck. Secondly, and this is probably going to sound silly, but I simply convinced myself that I was going to pass. I had a mantra along the lines of "Leggo, you're going to pass this the third time. You have to, and you will." Who knows if it actually had any effect, but it definitely helped my mindset going into the exam.

Passed with a 70 on Civil/Structural. Your results are now available on the NCEES profile page as well.
Nice that's gotta be the best score to get, but so close for comfort.  Congrats

Congrats to all those who passed!!

If not failing isn't the end of the world. I would really recommend EET to the WRE people struggling with this exam. I can't speak to any other depth but I think they are all supposed to be great. 

Last edited by a moderator:
got the diagnostics report.  I did 9 points better in AM portion, but got 6 points worst in PM portion which I thought I did well on.  Its a weird diagnostic report, a lot of stuff I thought I bombed I aced like geometrics 3 out of 3.  However, I knew water resources distribution and water treatment very well, but I scored a lot worse than April exam. 

44/80 ====> 68% for Civil WRE so I guess the cut score was similar to April exam about 46 or 47 to pass.  Back to the drawing board
Sorry, @caychanh. *hugs*  I failed in WRE with a 46/80 in April.  If the pass score was 47...aaahhhhhhh!!!!

I actually lost a point between my first and second attempts (46 and 45). The first time, I self-studied with the CERM and PPI practice problems. The second time, I took the PPI class, which I didn't think was very much help at all. The third time, I invested in both the breadth and depth sections of EET. I did the on-demand, but tried to follow the schedule of the live class to keep myself motivated and studying at a good pace. I pretty much lived and breathed EET. I did the videos the day after they were posted, did practice problems on the other days, and would try to keep one afternoon in the weekend free from all studying (until like the last two weeks before the exam, when all bets were off). I was seriously doing practice problems at lunch at work to stay on track.

I was pretty darned defeated after failing a second time. I wasn't expecting to pass, but it was a really tough pill to swallow. I think a few things contributed to my success. Firstly, I really, REALLY dedicated myself to my studies. I think it took me two tries to get that through my thick skull. I was really diligent about not checking answers of problems as I was doing them when I got stuck. Secondly, and this is probably going to sound silly, but I simply convinced myself that I was going to pass. I had a mantra along the lines of "Leggo, you're going to pass this the third time. You have to, and you will." Who knows if it actually had any effect, but it definitely helped my mindset going into the exam.
Thanks for the advice.  I definitely was checking for the answers before finishing the problems, so I know that I need to improve my study habits.  I was doing School of PE but I think I will try a different prep course.  

Congrats to all those who passed!!

If not failing isn't the end of the world. I would really recommend EET to the WRE people struggling with this exam. I can't speak to any other depth but I think they are all supposed to be great. 
I don't have my score yet, but either way, I took EET's WRE depth OnDemand class and it was absolutely excellent.  I took SOPE the time before - the SOPE - WRE Depth review was meh.  EET and Nazrul have made me a better engineer.  

Sorry, @caychanh. *hugs*  I failed in WRE with a 46/80 in April.  If the pass score was 47...aaahhhhhhh!!!!
I failed with 45/80 (WRE) in April. We were so close! At this point I think we're just going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out our fate this time around.

I failed with 45/80 (WRE) in April. We were so close! At this point I think we're just going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out our fate this time around.
So freakin' close!  I can't believe it.  

I went back to check the April 2017 bored and realized GA made us wait through an entire weekend (in addition to that updating one at a time thing).  I hope I don't have to go through that again.

So freakin' close!  I can't believe it.  

I went back to check the April 2017 bored and realized GA made us wait through an entire weekend (in addition to that updating one at a time thing).  I hope I don't have to go through that again.
Ugh that sounds miserable! CO is usually pretty quick, so I've been on the edge of my seat all day. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings *fingers crossed!*

Actually, I just went back and checked and I failed with 47/80 (WRE).  I guess we'll never know the true cut score.  But still...we might have been so freakin close!

Back