Ammonia Nitrogen Concentration

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jskwiot

Could anyone name a useful resource for general study of problems of this type? Any help is greatly appreciated!

John

This problem is a based on principles learned from Chemistry I class. The only reason why you are told the sampling point is 10 miles downstream is to let you know enough time has proceeded to allow the chemical/biological reaction to proceed to a more-or-less dynamic equilibrium point.

If you look in a general chemistry text book or if you try google search for keyword acid-base chemistry equilibrium you will find more information. For myself, I have a text entitled, "Water Chemistry" by Vernon Snoeyink and David Jenkins (ISBN 0471051969) that provides advanced treatment of this subject.

If you have specific questions about how to resolve the acid-base equilibria questions, please feel free to post follow-ups. If you like, I can even post a few questions + solutions for you to work out to see if you feel comfortable.

JR

This problem is a based on principles learned from Chemistry I class. The only reason why you are told the sampling point is 10 miles downstream is to let you know enough time has proceeded to allow the chemical/biological reaction to proceed to a more-or-less dynamic equilibrium point.
If you look in a general chemistry text book or if you try google search for keyword acid-base chemistry equilibrium you will find more information. For myself, I have a text entitled, "Water Chemistry" by Vernon Snoeyink and David Jenkins (ISBN 0471051969) that provides advanced treatment of this subject.

If you have specific questions about how to resolve the acid-base equilibria questions, please feel free to post follow-ups. If you like, I can even post a few questions + solutions for you to work out to see if you feel comfortable.

JR

JR

Thank you very much! I asked my boss (an ex-chemical engineer, now civil) for a reference and he had the exact book that you mentioned. If you have the time, I would absolutely like some questions to work out. Thanks again.

John

Back