Akinator

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbo

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried this thing? It's sort of cool - a data mining game or something. You think of a person or character, real or imaginary, and it guesses it.

http://us.akinator.com/

I stumped it and had to describe a new character to it - Mark Anthony, the bulldog from Looney tunes who had a pet cat (my kids were watching that episode while I played)

That game knows Strong Bad. :eek:ldman:

AND The Cheat!!! :eek:ldman: :eek:ldman:

Last edited by a moderator:
I stumped it and had to describe a new character to it - Mark Anthony, the bulldog from Looney tunes who had a pet cat (my kids were watching that episode while I played)
Now the next person who asks that won't be stumped.

baconator_t3.jpg

:dunno:

It guessed my Captain Caveman. With about 2 questions left, the animated akinator went from his hand on his chin to a sly grin. It knew when it had me narrowed down.

It couldn't get Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter) from Stargate, even after "introducing" her to it and then going through it again it still missed the mark.

I introduced it to Tia Maria Torres from Pit Bulls and Parolees. It did get that one on the third attempt after I entered it.

it just got the wizard of oz!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's still working out some bugs. It seems like sometimes it goes back and asks questions after it shold already know the answer, and other times it guesses the answer when it doesn't know enough information.

I wonder if it works percentages? I wonder if you select "Man" it operates differently than if you pick "Woman."

Oh well, sort of fun.

WHen I first saw the title of this tread I wondered what the heck is clay akin doing now. It was nice not having to hear about him in the news.

Latest posts

Back