Aerosmith

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyi...89&catid=35

New York (AP) -- Aerosmith's lead guitarist Joe Perry says the legendary rock band isn't breaking up -- although they need a new singer.
Perry said on the micro-blogging site Twitter late Monday that Aerosmith is "not splitting up" but "looking for a new singer to work with" amid growing speculation about the future of the band and the role of front man Steven Tyler.

Tyler has been quoted as saying he is considering a solo career.

Perry tweeted that one of the band's members "is doing his own thing and said so in the press. That's all I know."

Tyler could not immediately be reached for comment.

The 61-year-old Tyler was injured when he fell off a stage during an Aug. 5 performance in South Dakota, and the band canceled the remainder of its summer tour.
Aerosmith wouldn't be Aerosmith without Tyler.

Then again, they jumped the shark when they quit using Alicia Silverstone in their videos.

IMHO, media hype of Aerosmith for the past decade or so has made them appear bigger / more influential than they really should be.

Tyler appears to be quite full of himself these days as is Perry and the rest of the band. I think a "new" Aerosmith with a different lead vocalist will still draw a crowd just no where near the the crowds they can potentially draw now. Think Van Halen post David Lee Roth. It ain't the same band.

I was a huge Aerosmith fan in the early years (1st 4 LPs). they sucked for a few discs after that and came out with a couple of decent tracks later (Permanent Vacation, Pump) but their newest main stream stuff doesn't do much for me.

They are in their 60's I believe the band wants to keep making hay for a couple of years while they still can, but to embark with a "new" Aerosmith without Tyler (or for Tyler to start a "solo-career" is just foolish. Unless of course he doesn't mind having only a paltry piece of the notariety that he has had in the past. (Think Robert Plant or Jimmy Page now versus Led Zeppelin).

my :2cents:

yeah some of these bands / rock-n-rollers seriously need to know when its time to hang up the cleats...and 61(!) i believe qualifies and then some

I had no idea Aerosmith was still making records. I haven't heard a song by them since the 80s... at least I haven't heard one that is memorable to me. I'm not counting that crap from the Armageddon movie (which was also crap!)

I had no idea Aerosmith was still making records. I haven't heard a song by them since the 80s... at least I haven't heard one that is memorable to me. I'm not counting that crap from the Armageddon movie (which was also crap!)
They also did music for the movie Titanic. '97 and have released a number of albums since the 80's

Aerosmith Discography

Back