Adobe Sucks

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. Why does it need to be updated every 25 hrs?

3. Why does it refuse to zoom in or out every so often?

Why does it get IO errors?

Why does it force me to uncheck language updates? I don't sprechen sie Deutsch.

It opens a PDF. Why do I need to update EVER?

Why does the snapshot tool paste so blurry into a Word document?

Why does it tell me about signature block when 1. it doesn't need a signature and 2. it requires a login and 3. no one uses Adobe signature

Why does it always default to "Select Text / Images" instead of allowing me to default to the "Hand Tool"? I care not for turning the entire page blue when I'm moving from one side of a drawing to another.

Are we talking about Acrobat exclusively, or are Illustrator and Photoshop on the table too?

if the file is large enough adobe crashes our network printers....to the point the xerox people have to come and reboot through the admin settings.

Why can't I uninstall the updater? Or even have the option to not install it in the first place?

Why do I need to submit an IT repair ticket every time adobe wants to update? Stupid admin rights...

I'll start:

1. Why does every document open up at 150% or larger?! I'm not 80.
In any version of Acrobat (pro or std) -> document properties -> initial view -> set magnification to "fit page" :thumbs:

2. Why does it need to be updated every 25 hrs?

3. Why does it refuse to zoom in or out every so often?
2. This can be turned off in the properties and is recommended because most updates only fix minimal bugs (i.e. not a major software overhaul).

3. Check your mouse/touchpad sensitivity

Why does it get IO errors? Because you need to update to the latest versions of either ActiveX and Java or both.

Why does it force me to uncheck language updates? I don't sprechen sie Deutsch. System preferences, language, English only.

It opens a PDF. Why do I need to update EVER? See #2 above.

Why does the snapshot tool paste so blurry into a Word document? By default Adobe will paste images as JPEGs rather than BMPs or PNGs hence dialing down the resolution to keep file sizes small. Use "paste special" and device independent bitmap instead.

Why does it tell me about signature block when 1. it doesn't need a signature and 2. it requires a login and 3. no one uses Adobe signature
What kind of civil black magic are you talking about Willis? System preferences, advanced, disable signatures. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adobe Flash is way worse than Acrobat/reader. If you are on a website and it begins to bog down, you can be sure that some Flash-based advertisement or movie is playing. That's why Apple dropped them like a bad habit. Apple didn't want people thinking that iPads and iPhones were slow just because Flash was a POS.

We also can't update Java - last time they did, it rendered our timesheet applications useless. They had to manually process over 20k time sheets because of it...

Didn't address my issue, therefore, Adobe still sucks.
Edit/Preferences/Accessibility

In the section marked "Other Accessibility Options", de-select the check box labeled "Always display the keyboard selection cursor"

Argument invalid. ;)

Adobe Flash is way worse than Acrobat/reader.
+1. Not to mention out-dated versions are a haven for malware.

Apple didn't want people thinking that iPads and iPhones were slow just because Flash was a POS.
This is still true regardless of the flash issues. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back