Additional study material should I purchase

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddierizzle

Reaction score
Since I did not pass the April 2010 exam, I was thinking about getting some additional study material. Any suggestions?

This is what I have:

Testmasters notes

11th edition CERM

11th edition Practice Problems

WR 6 minute solutions

2008 NCEES Practice Problems

Environmental Engineering Dictionary

Basically I got really frustrated that I couldn't find information for certain environmental problems that were on the Water Resources afternoon section that the CERM did not cover. Those that took the April 2010 exam in Texas should know what I'm talking about, not sure if all exams were uniform throughout the country.

Just curious. Was the 6 min. solutions helpful for exam preparation. I was planning on purchasing although I want study material that is realistic to the actual exam.

6 minute solutions is helpful but I got really frustrated with the difficulty of the problems first time around so I tried using PPI's exam cafe instead, I think this time I will sit down and really tackle the problems.

I realized that 6 minute solutions follows the Lindeberg CERM manual though, tried using Testmasters notes first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I did not pass the April 2010 exam, I was thinking about getting some additional study material. Any suggestions?
This is what I have:

Testmasters notes

11th edition CERM

11th edition Practice Problems

WR 6 minute solutions

2008 NCEES Practice Problems

Environmental Engineering Dictionary

Basically I got really frustrated that I couldn't find information for certain environmental problems that were on the Water Resources afternoon section that the CERM did not cover. Those that took the April 2010 exam in Texas should know what I'm talking about, not sure if all exams were uniform throughout the country.
I heard Wastewater Engineering by Metcalf and Eddy was a must for the Environmental afternoon. But I can't say from experience because Oct 2010 will be my first time taking the exam. Did you find the Testmasters notes helpful for the morning portion of the exam? I have signed up to take Testmasters in North Carolina in September. I was just wondering cause I never took a geotech or transportation class and I'm worried about not being up to speed on those questions.

Back