5 High Paying Low Stress Jobs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vishal

^^ The Ultimate Driving Machine
Reaction score
I came across this article a few days back and today it is featured on the yahoo front page. Now this is what I call generalization without enough knowledge. What pisses me is that all the CE's (or at least 'most' of us) are into building infrastructure, have multi-year deadlines, work on stress-free teams, can find job sitting on our desk whenever we want! Outstanding - we have it all on a silver platter. Any thoughts?

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/artic...orklife_balance

I came across this article a few days back and today it is featured on the yahoo front page. Now this is what I call generalization without enough knowledge. What pisses me is that all the CE's (or at least 'most' of us) are into building infrastructure, have multi-year deadlines, work on stress-free teams, can find job sitting on our desk whenever we want! Outstanding - we have it all on a silver platter. Any thoughts?
http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/artic...orklife_balance
These things are always sort of stupid. I have no idea what it's like to be a CE, but I know debugging software can be extremely frustrating and stressful, and the deadlkines are tight, so I wouldn't assume that was stress free.

On the other hand, most engineers like what they do, are stimulated intellectually at least somewhat, and have reasonable pay and job security (relative terms when everybody is at least somewhat worried about their job).

Right, because consulting is so stress free with few deadlines. (Where's the sarcasm font when you need it?)

My job isn't stress free by any means but overall I enjoy what I do which helps counteract it

I don't think there is such a thing as a stress-free job. I like what I do and I make a fair buck at it.

On the other hand, most engineers like what they do
I'm not sure I agree with this claim.
Yeah, there's a thread on here that doesn't support that statement.
Wait a second. So what? I am really hoping you're joking here, in fact I'm certain you must be.

Taken literally, you could make that statement about almost every thread on here. THey don't support my statement, but neither do they contradict my statment. And a thread by a handful of disgruntled engineers looking for fatty money is hardly dispositive of anything.

You certainly aren't claiming there is a thread on here that you put forth as some sort of study on whether "most" engineers enjoy their jobs, or what "most" engineers think about anything for that matter. Please provide a link to this wonder of statistics so I can see exactly how many engineers posted on it. In fact, exactly what percentage of the posting members on this website posted to it?

Of course, I should have written that "I think" most engineers enjoy their jobs. THe is just a general opinion based on people I know only. I was unaware there was a conclusive study available right here on EB.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second. So what? I am really hoping you're joking here, in fact I'm certain you must be.

Taken literally, you could make that statement about almost every thread on here. THey don't support my statement, but neither do they contradict my statment. And a thread by a handful of disgruntled engineers looking for fatty money is hardly dispositive of anything.

You certainly aren't claiming there is a thread on here that you put forth as some sort of study on whether "most" engineers enjoy their jobs, or what "most" engineers think about anything for that matter. Please provide a link to this wonder of statistics so I can see exactly how many engineers posted on it. In fact, exactly what percentage of the posting members on this website posted to it?

Of course, I should have written that "I think" most engineers enjoy their jobs. THe is just a general opinion based on people I know only. I was unaware there was a conclusive study available right here on EB.com.
This would be the thread I was referring to...How many actually like engineering?

Jesus christ, you're touchy.

This would be the thread I was referring to...How many actually like engineering?

Jesus christ, you're touchy.
Yeah, thanks for the armchair personaity analysis. I'm merely disputing what you wrote, it has nothing to do with being "touchy".

Even the thread you posted is about 50-50 and distinguishes between a particular job and the career.

Last edited by a moderator:
PT on the top!! I don't how much merit this research has...regardless it'll be nice if my gets her PT license and starts working.. :)

Back