30 PDH's for the Low Low Price of $447

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb6294

Reaction score
Came home to find a book in the mail last night offering the 30 PDH's required to renew in Ohio for $447. It's a 200+ page book with 9 "chapters" in it with a multiple choice student assessment at the end of each chapter. Complete the little tests and mail them in along with your check and, there you go, a certificate for 30 hours.

Just for kicks I skimmed through the first chapter (that's good for 3 hours) because it was primarliy about roller coasters. The test at the end of the chapter included such brain teasers as, "The Roman aqueducts were used for: ____". First of all, I find it interesting that these got sent out so that they arrived on the same day as my renewal letter from Ohio...preying on those that forgot to get their hours much? Second, I find it hard to believe that this book, which I could probably skim through and do all the exams in about 30 minutes, is supposed to be worth 30 PDH's. I'm guessing McKissock, the company that sent the book out, had somebody in their back pocket when they came up with the requirements for renewal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back