2019 Last Minute Christmas gift ideas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semi-serious last minute item: Massage gift card, especially if you know the 'good' therapists who make you have pain sweats as they work out trigger points.  

Also semi-serious last minute item: Costco gift card.  So they can buy the expensive cheese they really want (aka: JK gift of choice.  Parents please give me because I want to buy more Boursin).

Semi-serious last minute item: Massage gift card, especially if you know the 'good' therapists who make you have pain sweats as they work out trigger points.  

Also semi-serious last minute item: Costco gift card.  So they can buy the expensive cheese they really want (aka: JK gift of choice.  Parents please give me because I want to buy more Boursin).
This is why growing up in an Asian household is awesome because we get CASH: the ORIGINAL gift card. :rotflmao:

I have the marlin .35 version of that, wish I could go back in time and buy a few more when I bought them, for my sons, they are hard to find these days.

(Not as pretty as the Henry though!)

I've been meaning to go in to either the local Police supply store or Cabela's and get my first firearm.  Looking at a CZ P-10C.  Not the most fancy, but my research indicates its reliable and of good quality.
Smith and wesson m&p shield is a great line also if you have the time to look into those. Havent had any issues and are great! Mid market and always have good sales!

We have a Noritake store near where I work. I had no idea what it was, but I saw an ad for nicely-made Japanese noodle bowl sets so I went there to get some for my wife. I ended up walking out with a set of fine china - their "platinum signature" line. Beautiful stuff, and it went over extremely well with the wife (we never got any of this as a wedding gift or anything). Best last-minute gift ever!

noritake-majestic-platinum-footed-cup-and-saucer-set-fine-china-dinnerware-contemporary-platinum-encrusted

The store here had 4-setting sets, so I bought two so we could have 8 settings.  Plus a large oval serving tray and a large vegetable bowl. Will probably add a few more pieces over time.

The prices were really good compared to what I found online at Amazon, with the local holiday sale.

First off, the Oculus Quest is f-in amazing. With all the running to different houses the last couple days, I only had a chance to set it up and play around on it for a little bit, but it is really cool. I would have been on it today, but Jack was playing Darth Vader for a couple hours.

Second thing, I’ve gotta pat myself on the back. Step daughter said something about making a stuffed animal zoo for the wife’s granddaughter...I am still of the opinion that I’m not old enough for a grandkid yet. Made the frame from some pallet wood. Risers and plywood floor were from the Depot. Paint was some fancy Sherwin Williams stuff, but it was on the ‘oops’ shelf at Lowe’s so it was only $2.50. The bungee cord I had to order from Amazon...not many places keep 50 foot spool of bungee cord in stock. I was really happy with how it turned out and she really liked it.

EB4B866A-B1D1-47CB-8654-3196AC37E119.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Second thing, I’ve gotta pat myself on the back. Step daughter said something about making a stuffed animal zoo for the wife’s granddaughter...I am still of the opinion that I’m not old enough for a grandkid yet. Made the frame from some pallet wood. Risers and plywood floor were from the Depot. Paint was some fancy Sherwin Williams stuff, but it was on the ‘oops’ shelf at Lowe’s so it was only $2.50. The bungee cord I had to order from Amazon...not many places keep 50 foot spool of bungee cord in stock. I was really happy with how it turned out and she really liked it.
I'm curious as to where you got the letters and what they're made of.  I have cut letters/numbers for one of my friends for both a clock he made for his family and a "cake wheel" sign for a church picnic.  I have a [fairly professional level] laser cutter and cut the letters out of 1/4" plywood.  He defined the font and size, and I cut them out.  Only charged him material and shipping costs, but I was thinking that this might be something people would be willing to pay for.

Back