16 Hour SE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I talked to NCEES yesterday and they are going to release all SE results to all states the week of June 27. I hope that the results are avaliable via computer like the PE was. I am unsure if they will direct report via email to us poor souls waiting to have our self-esteem destroyed or if each state will mail letters. I hope we get emails, but, I expect having to wait on the letter from the State of Washington. I fully expect a diagnostic report but if I did pass I will be very pleased. I thought the questions were fairly easy but the afternoon session was way beyond four hours in scope. There was just no way to finish if one actually began with analysis and carried it through to design while showing load paths, load factors, analysis, and design calcs. I feel the four questions on both days were way too long in duration. I wished they would have let us pick any three (or two). This would have made it easier to "show" our engineering skills as opposed to running through the exam constantly worried about time. I hope if I have to retake that we can pick three and omit one. I really hope to pass and delete my username from this board! If not, then I am going to retake in October.

Thanks for letting us know what NCEES said. I agree that the afternoon portions of the exam were difficult to finish.

Thanks for letting us know what NCEES said. I agree that the afternoon portions of the exam were difficult to finish.

I concur. Thanks for the update....and I too found myself scrambling for time to try to get to all of the questions in the afternoon session. It was VERY easy to spend too long on one problem and then have to "rush" through the rest, most likely making little mistakes left and right. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone talked to NCEES today to see when in the week they are sending out the results.

Also, if the Minnesota Goverment shuts down on Wednesday does that mean they won't be able to foward on the results they receive from NCEES. If that is the case I am serioulsy going to lose it. There is no way I'm sitting around waiting for the government to get running again before I receive my letter.

Has anyone talked to NCEES today to see when in the week they are sending out the results.
I talked to Bruce Martin with NCEES today and he said they hoped to send results to the states this week. He was not sure if results would be posted to the NCEES website in ones user account. He did say exams have been graded. It sounds like the delay is simply is determining where to set the pass rate.

Talked with someone in NCEES exam administration today and she said that the results would be out tomorrow.

So, is today the day for everyone??
:popcorn:

I talked to Bruce Martin with NCEES today and he said they hoped to send results to the states this week. He was not sure if results would be posted to the NCEES website in ones user account. He did say exams have been graded. It sounds like the delay is simply is determining where to set the pass rate.

Talked with someone in NCEES exam administration today and she said that the results would be out tomorrow.
Who knows. :dunno:

Well, if today really is the day I would like to wish everyone good luck.

The sane part of me is so glad that I'm done with these tests. I wouldn't wish this wait on anyone!!

Well, if today really is the day I would like to wish everyone good luck.
The sane part of me is so glad that I'm done with these tests. I wouldn't wish this wait on anyone!!
Seriously. This wait is getting ridiculous. All the other PE takers at my office have had their results for a month, and the question "So have you gotten your scores yet?" is just getting depressing.

I feel like today is the day. Of course I've felt that several times over the last 14 weeks. Good luck everyone!

If you go on the NCEES.org website, you can look up how you will be notified for the results based on the state you took the exam.

I took it in MA.. and this seems pretty similar

Per NCEES:

Results

"When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

now obviously we are well past 8-10 weeks.. but long story short.. no email.. no results.. these next couple of days will last forever..

best of luck to all.

Right, out to the states' Board of Registration, and then they will sit on it for a few days I am sure. I bet we wont see thiose results until next week,,,,,,,,, that is, after the 4th of July

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, out to the states' Board of Registration, and then they will sit on it for a few days I am sure. I bet we wont see thiose results until next week,,,,,,,,, that is, after the 4th of July
Just logged in to My NCEES,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no results yet,,, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back