#1 best reference during exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djshortsleeve

I'm a PE!!!
Reaction score
I am preparing to take the ME PE exam next week. I am thinking the best reference during the exam will be the practice problems book that accompanies the MERM. Is this accurate?

I realize the MERM will be needed to look values up, but to see similar problems to the ones I need to solve on the exam will be a godsend...

For me the most important reference by far will be MERM. I will also take the problem solutions manual, but do not foresee using it all that much. It may help if I have time at the end to work a few problems that I was stuck on. Unfortunately the problems will probably not be similar enough to plug-and-chug from one to another.

I used the practice problems book for a couple of problems, but used the MERM for almost all of them. Shigley and Mitchell helped me on a couple problems as well.

You probably won't have time to go through practice problems to find similar ones to exam questions. Maybe a problem or two after you have cranked through what you know. Like the others said, MERM for 90% of the test, then Shigley, then Machinery Handbook. I took MD depth.

Back