References Brought into the Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigray76

Food & Beverage Director
Reaction score
Having taken and passed the Transpo PM, I know one question that I had going into my crunch time for the exam was ‘what do I bring’, so I figured I would list out everything I brought. I finally have unpacked my crates from the April exam and decided I would list out what I had and what I used.

I would suggest that if anyone is taking a practice exam that they work it with their books in crates and try to mimic the conditions they will face on test day (limit yourself to half of the dining room table, put crates on the floor, one on the table, etc.)

Here is a list of all the books (by milk crate) that I brought into the exam with an indication of whether I used them in the AM, PM, both, or not at all.

Crate 1 – the one I had on the table

AASHTO Greenbook (PM)

CERM (AM/PM)

Engineering Unit Conversions – Lindeburg (AM/PM)

My 5 discipline specific binders (AM/PM)

Crate 2 – Transportation Only

MUTCD (PM)

HCM

AASHTO – Roadside Design Guide

Traffic Engineering Handbook (PM)

Asphalt Handbook MS-4 (PM)

Handbook of Civil Engineering Calculations – Hicks

PCA – Design & Control of Concrete Mixtures

Traffic Engineering – McShane, Roess, Prassas 2nd Edition – (PM)

Transportation Engineering & Planning – Papacostas & Prevedouros (PM)

Crate 3 – Everything Else (a.k.a. the feel good that I have it just in case crate)

ASCE 7-02

ACI318-02

Large Binder of Solved Problems

Structural Analysis – Hibbeler

Cameron Hydraulic Data

Introduction to Environmental Engineering – Davis & Cornwell (AM)

Water Supply & Sewerage – McGhee

Wastewater Engineering – Metcalk & Eddy (AM)

Principles of Geotechnical Engineering – Das (AM)

Principles of Foundation Engineering – Das

Engineering Economy – College Text

All 5 of the Six Minute Solutions

NCEES Sample Exam

Practice Problems Book for the CERM

Sample Exam – Lindeburg

NJ sat us two to a table, so I had my small white crate on the table, laid down my handtruck on the floor with the other two crates facing up so that when I needed a book, I pulled the handtruck out like a file drawer. I had the transpo crate in the back position for the AM and switched that to the front position for the PM.

I also brought a clear Tupperware container with a couple bottles of water, calculators (2), granola bars, Motrin, tissues, Halls, chapstick, contact lens case, and my glasses.

Books that I am happy that I bit the bullet and bought for the test: Traffic Engineering Handbook and Asphalt Handbook MS-4.

Good luck to all taking the October ’07 exam. I look forward in trying to help as much as I was helped by this forum for the April ’07 exam!

-Ray

Back