• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mechanical PE books for sale

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerrKaLeun

Reaction score
I passed October 2010 (HVAC) and have the following for sale (and even if you don't buy from me, I highly recommend those - I passed the first time and these are all the books I used studying). Most, if not all, of these books are useful for MD and T/F as well.

- MERM 12th Edition (with many hard-to-remove tabs for easy reference - it really sped up my calculations)

- Engineering Unit Conversions (it came in handy, it has permanent tabs too)

- 6-Minute-solutions HVAC

- Practice Problems

- NCEES 2008 Sample test (all 3 depths) (pretty close to the real test - I heard the 2010 NCEES sample test only has one depth. but it helped me a lot to do MD and T/F depth as well for the a.m. section)

- Mechanical PE sample exam (this one is a bit harder than the actual test, but prepares well)

I would love to sell all at once to save shipping and effort, but willing to sell single ones. My starting price would be about 75% of new price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed October 2010 (HVAC) and have the following for sale (and even if you don't buy from me, I highly recommend those - I passed the first time and these are all the books I used studying). Most, if not all, of these books are useful for MD and T/F as well.
- Engineering Unit Conversions (it came in handy, it has permanent tabs too)

- 6-Minute-solutions HVAC

- Practice Problems

- NCEES 2008 Sample test (all 3 depths) (pretty close to the real test - I heard the 2010 NCEES sample test only has one depth. but it helped me a lot to do MD and T/F depth as well for the a.m. section)

- Mechanical PE sample exam (this one is a bit harder than the actual test, but prepares well)

I would love to sell all at once to save shipping and effort, but willing to sell single ones. My starting price would be about 75% of new price.
amended to reflect that I sold the MERM. rest of the books still available

Congratulations,

- Engineering Unit Conversions

- NCEES 2008 Sample test

How much shipped to Henderson, NV 89014 for these two?

Thanks

Congratulations,
- Engineering Unit Conversions

- NCEES 2008 Sample test

How much shipped to Henderson, NV 89014 for these two?

Thanks
price-wise I was hoping for 50%-75% of new price, depending on how many at once (there is shipping cost and paypal fee, so I'd like to sell many at once). Send me a PM with a specific offer.

I sold almost all of them. Only these 2 left:

- Engineering Unit Conversions (it came in handy, it has permanent alphabetic tabs that I added)

I would love to sell them at once to save shipping and fees, but willing to sell the NCEES sample exam as single one later on if the price is right.

Again, even if you don't buy MY books, this list of books above is really what I would recommend for the HVAC test. (+ all 4 ASHRAE books, the ASHRAE guidelines 15,34, 55, 62 and 90, IMC and fire code). all of it helped me studying for the test.

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed PE exam in October and I have following books for sale:

- Quick Reference for the Mechanical Engineering PE Exam, 4th Edition (latest one), Lindeburg. I have some markings, handwritten notes and tabs I used for exam. $40.

- Principal and Practice of Engineering Prep Course Manual by Test Masters. (I didn't take class but got this from a friend. I had taken Lindeburg's T&F practice exam 2 weeks before the actual exam. Lindeburg's exam had completely destroyed my confidence. It was too hard and afterwards I seriously thought I was going to fail. Luckily I was able to talk about this to a friend and he suggested me to go over this book in the last two weeks. He mentioned that if you can attempt problems in this book, then you should be able to pass the actual exam. I studied only this material (No freaking Lindeburg at all) and passed the test in the first attempt. I wished I had studied this earlier. This is the ultimate study material that will take you above the passing zone) $100

- Practice Problems for the Mechanical Engineering PE exam, 12the Edition (Latest), Lindeburg. I had pencil markings in first 9 chapters but I erased them. $40

- Practice Problems for the Mechanical Engineering PE exam, 12the Edition (Latest), Lindeburg. I have some markings in the book. $30

I accept payment using PayPal.

I sold all books.

Anyway, I still recommend the exact same books for the test.

I passed PE exam in October and I have following books for sale:
- Quick Reference for the Mechanical Engineering PE Exam, 4th Edition (latest one), Lindeburg. I have some markings, handwritten notes and tabs I used for exam. $40.

- Principal and Practice of Engineering Prep Course Manual by Test Masters. (I didn't take class but got this from a friend. I had taken Lindeburg's T&F practice exam 2 weeks before the actual exam. Lindeburg's exam had completely destroyed my confidence. It was too hard and afterwards I seriously thought I was going to fail. Luckily I was able to talk about this to a friend and he suggested me to go over this book in the last two weeks. He mentioned that if you can attempt problems in this book, then you should be able to pass the actual exam. I studied only this material (No freaking Lindeburg at all) and passed the test in the first attempt. I wished I had studied this earlier. This is the ultimate study material that will take you above the passing zone) $100

- Practice Problems for the Mechanical Engineering PE exam, 12the Edition (Latest), Lindeburg. I had pencil markings in first 9 chapters but I erased them. $40

- Practice Problems for the Mechanical Engineering PE exam, 12the Edition (Latest), Lindeburg. I have some markings in the book. $30

I accept payment using PayPal.
I have sold almost all books except Quick Reference.

Latest posts

Back