WR/Enviro AM topics

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_NC

Reaction score
Can Anybody hit some highlights for the WR/Enviro AM section?

there is a LOT on the topic list for the WR portion. I am not doing the depth and have very limited background. I dont want to spend too much time and jepordize a topic that I have a chance of doing well on. I am assuming that I should have a hydrograph down pat, Hazen Williams, Energy Equation, etc? I have skimmed through and highlighted my CERM, any other pointers someone may have for a non WR person on the Am section.

Thanks,

Mike

"I have skimmed through and highlighted my CERM" you have alot of time, do yourself a favor, go back and read carefully and understand. If you skim over a large topic it will be tuff to pass unless you are an expert in all the others.

The CERM will get you through but only with a good understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Anybody hit some highlights for the WR/Enviro AM section?
there is a LOT on the topic list for the WR portion. I am not doing the depth and have very limited background. I dont want to spend too much time and jepordize a topic that I have a chance of doing well on. I am assuming that I should have a hydrograph down pat, Hazen Williams, Energy Equation, etc? I have skimmed through and highlighted my CERM, any other pointers someone may have for a non WR person on the Am section.

Thanks,

Mike

You sound like you are hitting the major stuff. I would suggest flagging up the CERM as well. For me it helps get things to stick in my memory to know at least a little about where I can find help if I need it. I also actually would now recommend the PPI exam cafe. It is internet prep questions. It prepared me well for the PE

i took wr in the pm, but here are my tabs from the cerm:

fluid properties*, pressure on planes, buoyancy, bernoulli*, Re*, friction*, pipe systems* and tanks*, flow measuring devices, momentum*, drag, pumps*, cavitation, turbines, channel geometry parameters*, uniform flow*, weirs*, steady flow*, critical flow, hydraulic jumps*, culverts, hydrographs*, reservoirs, permeability and conductivity, flow nets

items with a * im pretty sure i remember a question on. its been a while so im not too sure. i cannot reiterate enough to know mannings backwards and forwards. i think there were 3 questions on that. its not difficult once you get it.

Back