CIVIL passing GEO. PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

Reaction score
Congrat to all GEO. PE they passed.

can you please tell me which material is useful to study for afternoon GEO. PE exam.

thanks

Congrat to all GEO. PE they passed.
can you please tell me which material is useful to study for afternoon GEO. PE exam.

thanks

we didnt have any geo. pe passed the exam????????????????????????????????

we didnt have any geo. pe passed the exam????????????????????????????????
I used the CERM, which wasn't very helpful for the afternoon, and 2 Das books. I had the intro to geotech and the foundations book from Das. I could have used another reference too, but I just don't know what else is out there.

I used the CERM, which wasn't very helpful for the afternoon, and 2 Das books. I had the intro to geotech and the foundations book from Das. I could have used another reference too, but I just don't know what else is out there.
thanks for your respond

can you please tell me what was the name of DOS BOOKS you use?

thanks for your respondcan you please tell me what was the name of DAS BOOKS you use?

are you talking about Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Braja M. Das?

are you talking about Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Braja M. Das?
That and principles of foundation engineering is very good. If you know those two books, you do okay on the afternoon. It wouldn't hurt to have the Joseph E. Bowles foudation book either, which is very detailed. Good luck

That and principles of foundation engineering is very good. If you know those two books, you do okay on the afternoon. It wouldn't hurt to have the Joseph E. Bowles foudation book either, which is very detailed. Good luck
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR INFO

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR INFO
I would also suggest that you get copies of NAVFAC manuals DM 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3.

7.1 covers soil mechanics, consolidation analysis, stresses, foundations

7.2 covers earth retaining structures

7.3 covers some seismic issues.

I used all three manuals during the PM section.

do those books (DAS) have problems or they are just text?

I know I haven't passed yet but if you can remember to think like and engineer on the problems that you don't know and just don't panic with them, you should be okay. Obviously luck plays a large role in passing... meaning that hopefully what you study is on the test. I studied retaining walls and trench bracing out the wazoo and didn't see too much of that on the test this time. As they say, I can always take it again. Just know your resources, a civil engineering dictionary is a good idea. If you still live near your college you can usually check it out from the library for 30 days or so rather than buying one. Good luck boo.

I know I haven't passed yet but if you can remember to think like and engineer on the problems that you don't know and just don't panic with them, you should be okay. Obviously luck plays a large role in passing... meaning that hopefully what you study is on the test. I studied retaining walls and trench bracing out the wazoo and didn't see too much of that on the test this time. As they say, I can always take it again. Just know your resources, a civil engineering dictionary is a good idea. If you still live near your college you can usually check it out from the library for 30 days or so rather than buying one. Good luck boo.
i hope you will pass it

thanks again

Back