Minnesota - Results - OCT 2007 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
kevo_55

Minnesota - Results

Well, let's get Minnesota's results started!!!

I come home for being sick at work and my results are in my mailbox.

I have pased my PE: Civil exam!! :multiplespotting:

Congratulations kevo!

:th_rockon:

Damned good feeling, isn't it.

Guest asteffee

Congrats Kevo!! Hope you feel better soon (at least you aren't sick and got a failing letter - that would have made for a really crappy day).

CONGRATSSSS!!!!! i m sure this news must have made your sickness go away.... Cheers..

Congrats Kevo !!!!!!!!!!!! :multiplespotting::multiplespotting:

So what's your next certification going to be in??!!

JR

Congrats Kevo !!!!!!!!!!!! :multiplespotting::multiplespotting:

So what's your next certification going to be in??!!

JR

Thanks everyone!!

I just sent my IL:SE license app so I suppose that I'll be filling out my Nevada SE app shortly.

We'll see if I fly to CA to take their two mini exams for the civil seal there.

Guest fmullner

Congratulations! Best of luck on the other exams. Remember--if it doesn't shake, it'll break.

Edited by fmullner

Guest CVA07

I also rec'd the good news in MN yesterday! I passed the Environmental PE! Hooray!

I also rec'd the good news in MN yesterday! I passed the Environmental PE! Hooray!

Congrats on passing, Kevo!

You teaching the review class again next year?

Congrats on passing, Kevo!

You teaching the review class again next year?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm planning on it.

Congrats !! :multiplespotting::multiplespotting:

Enviro's Rock !! :th_rockon::th_rockon:

JR

Guest CVA07

Does anyone know about how long it takes the MN board to turnaround a license #? My check was cashed on the 27th...I have called over there, but the person dealing with licensing wasn't in.

Does anyone know about how long it takes the MN board to turnaround a license #? My check was cashed on the 27th...I have called over there, but the person dealing with licensing wasn't in.

It'll take 2-3 weeks I think.

Guest CVA07

Well, I got my license #, but now I am confused about the stamp I need to order. With my license, I got a sheet saying my stamp had to have this wording:

http://www.aelslagid.state.mn.us/stampinfo.pdf

But on engineerseals.com, it shows MN as having a round stamp. And it says that it guarantees its stamps meet regulatory requirements. In fact, I can't find an engineer stamp website that has the above wording. The other PEs in my office have the worded stamp, but got theirs like 10+ years ago. So does anyone know what MN requires for PE stamps?

I am not a PE but have worked in MN for some time. I had previously worked in Arizona where PE stamps are the only used. Minnesota does not require an embossed stamp. They can be used (I have found most engineers prefer this method) but are not required. Plans, specifications, plats, reports, etc. have to include the certification and signature by state statute. I believe the link you provided talks about it at the top of the document.

owillis

MN has outlawed the round seal for some time.

Get a text seal with the EXACT same text as the MN board website. You'll be ok then.

MN has outlawed the round seal for some time.

Get a text seal with the EXACT same text as the MN board website. You'll be ok then.

I had never seen a round seal for Minnesota but did hear they existed. A certification with incorrect wording can get you in trouble. Make sue it is exact.

owillis

I had never seen a round seal for Minnesota but did hear they existed. A certification with incorrect wording can get you in trouble. Make sue it is exact.

owillis

My ex boss had one and used it somewhat often when I worked for him.

An actual seal isn't 100% required because it is text. I bet if you write the text in MS Word on your cover calcualtion cover sheets or AutoCAD it would be ok too.

Guest CVA07

Thanks for the info...so will I just have to order a customized stamp with that wording? That is weird that the websites (engineerseals.com, prestodirect.com, A plus rubber stamps.com) all show the MN PE seal as a round stamp. And they all claim to comply with current regulations. I wonder if I ordered it, if it would come as the worded stamp. Maybe I will just take that sheet over to Office Max or something, so I don't have to worry about transcribing it.

I have ordered my seal from Coner Marking Company in St. Paul. [(651) 224-7816]

They do have a text seal and you can have them place your name and registration number in the blanks. My work just has a seal with blanks so anyone can use the seal though.

My only other seal is a MA seal which Corner did. They seem to do a good job.

Sign in to follow this