October 2020 Exams - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
CUniverse

October 2020 Exams

What is everyone’s thoughts on wether or not the October 2020 pencil and paper exams will be canceled? I was scheduled to take the April 2020 Transportation exam and I know I need to start studying for the October exam next month but I just don’t know how my brain would take it if the exam got canceled again. I can’t imagine going through that again lol. What are everyone’s thoughts? Does anyone have any insight on if we will be able to sit for the exam in October? 

NCEES claims that the October exams are still happening. My advice is that anyone who plans to take the test in October should study as if the exam will happen in October. At the same time, they should avoid getting too emotionally attached to the October date should the exam be cancelled again.

If you don't want to deal with the potential stress of going through another cancellation then you should consider planning to take the exam in April 2021.

Edited by RBHeadge PE
  • Like 2

Pennsylvania has this red/yellow/green system of limitations in place for to the pandemic, and even in the green phase planned gatherings of 250 people or more are restricted. Only time will tell if testing sites will have the number of examinees limited before shuffling them off to another site. Personally, I have my doubts. 

12 hours ago, Odinious said:

Pennsylvania has this red/yellow/green system of limitations in place for to the pandemic, and even in the green phase planned gatherings of 250 people or more are restricted. Only time will tell if testing sites will have the number of examinees limited before shuffling them off to another site. Personally, I have my doubts. 

Same.