License Renewal Hours first year? - Continuing Education - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

License Renewal Hours first year?

34 minutes ago, Lady Civil said:

If it's a renewal year and you only just got your license, do you still need the full credits when you renew or do you only need a prorated number based on how long you've been licensed? 

I guess it depends on state.

In FL: "If you obtained your PE license by examination in Florida AFTER the April 2019 exam cycle, and Florida is your first state of PE licensure, you are only required to pay the fee to renew your license. You do not need to complete the 18 hours of continuing education for this renewal cycle. However, effective with the 2021-23 biennium, you will be responsible for completing your continuing education hours and paying the renewal fee to successfully renew your license."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lady Civil said:

If it's a renewal year and you only just got your license, do you still need the full credits when you renew or do you only need a prorated number based on how long you've been licensed? 

Depends on state.

I don't need to do any PDHs before I renew my license for the first time. per VT state rules. I will need to start tracking PDHs after 1 Aug 2020 for when I renew again in 2022 [all VT PE licenses expire on 31 Jul of even years]

Ohio waives the Continuing Ed requirements for the calendar year in which you're initially licensed. So, I didn't have to have any PDHs for the 18 days in 2019 in which I was licensed, but I'll need to have the full 30 for the 2020-2021 biennium. Those licensed in Ohio during this year will only need 15 PDHs for the calendar year 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lady Civil said:

Thanks for the replies! Looks like NJ is the same way 😃
image.jpeg.12ceffe653fda3deb526089212143b1c.jpeg

Correct, in NJ you dont need credits if you just got your license...you just gave to pay them again. If you get any credits before May 1st, you can carry 12 over to your next renew period.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.