SE Exam Oct 2019 Result - Page 20 - Structural - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Sheik

SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

Recommended Posts

Thanks kevo_55. I almost left it up because that’s how angry I am but thought better of it...... but seriously, that’s got to be a record AM score and still an overall fail! Come on!

5B4D88F4-81DC-402C-8B59-22CDE4164A52.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem.

Just trying to help out another (future) SE. It's what we try to do here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SE-wishes said:

Thanks kevo_55. I almost left it up because that’s how angry I am but thought better of it...... but seriously, that’s got to be a record AM score and still an overall fail! Come on!

5B4D88F4-81DC-402C-8B59-22CDE4164A52.jpeg

It's uber frustrating. So sorry. Sad thing is that I've been so frustrated by this thing, I really don't even feel that much better having passed it. It's been more like a kidney stone than a stepping stone. If I can help, let me know.

Edited by ChaosMuppetPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

It's uber frustrating. So sorry. Sad thing is that I've been so frustrated by this thing, I really don't even feel that much better having passed it. It's been more like a kidney stone than a stepping stone. If I can help, let me know.

Did you do buildings or bridges? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buildings, not even sure how I could improve. I feel like I basically know everything backwards and forwards

Edited by SE-wishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

I really don't even feel that much better having passed it.

I'm still waiting on my results but I figure I'll feel the same whenever it happens. I can't help but be slightly embittered by this process and I can already feel the cost of the journey diminishing any future celebration...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SE-wishes said:

That’s it! I’m done with this &@$/! Passed vertical first shot 2 years ago with limited effort. 3rd GD attempt at Lateral: 36/40!!! But U, U, IR, A. PM result has steadily declined with every attempt. Time for something new

36/40 is definitely top percentile. All I've learned is the key to conquering this test is the afternoon. Hope you obliterate it next time like ChaosMuppetPE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SE-wishes said:

Buildings, not even sure how I could improve. I feel like I basically know everything backwards and forwards

Could be as simple as just retaking the test well rested.  I went into vertical last fall with high confidence but failed hard.  I then passed it quite easily with only a week of studying (the rest of the time was devoted to lateral) in the spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was interesting.  Got my results, and I got wrecked (to the point I was thinking NCEES even screwed up my results).  Lol each time I've though I've done so much better and I kept getting worse.  Oh well, no SE in my future I guess since my Vertical expired with this test.  I can live with that.  Best of luck to the rest of you!

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm legitimately very confused.  I must be incredibly delusional, because I thought I did well except for running out of time on the 4th question.  This (in my head) was a matter of U vs IR on the last problem.  And I'm looking at these results dumbfounded.  Like these couldn't be my results.  The only thing I can think of for the morning is that I missed a bubble and proceeded to bubble in the wrong order for too long.  But that doesn't explain the afternoon disaster.  Hoping that they accidentally reported someone else's score on my NCEES page, but I guess that's incredibly unlikely.  I think I'm more upset with how delusional I must be than the actual result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikesltj23 said:

I'm legitimately very confused.  I must be incredibly delusional, because I thought I did well except for running out of time on the 4th question.  This (in my head) was a matter of U vs IR on the last problem.  And I'm looking at these results dumbfounded.  Like these couldn't be my results.  The only thing I can think of for the morning is that I missed a bubble and proceeded to bubble in the wrong order for too long.  But that doesn't explain the afternoon disaster.  Hoping that they accidentally reported someone else's score on my NCEES page, but I guess that's incredibly unlikely.  I think I'm more upset with how delusional I must be than the actual result.

mine are insanely terrible esp compared to my last try as well. but i'm not going to dwell on it. moving on starting this weekend. guess i'm packing practice problems for vacation..

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mikesltj23 said:

I'm legitimately very confused.  I must be incredibly delusional, because I thought I did well except for running out of time on the 4th question.  This (in my head) was a matter of U vs IR on the last problem.  And I'm looking at these results dumbfounded.  Like these couldn't be my results.  The only thing I can think of for the morning is that I missed a bubble and proceeded to bubble in the wrong order for too long.  But that doesn't explain the afternoon disaster.  Hoping that they accidentally reported someone else's score on my NCEES page, but I guess that's incredibly unlikely.  I think I'm more upset with how delusional I must be than the actual result.

I’m afraid it may not be as incredibly unlikely as they want you to think. The world may never know though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChaosMuppetPE said:

I’m afraid it may not be as incredibly unlikely as they want you to think. The world may never know though. 

I emailed them, but don't feel like spending $75 just to confirm I'm foolish.  This test has just given me severe impostor syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikesltj23 said:

I emailed them, but don't feel like spending $75 just to confirm I'm foolish.  This test has just given me severe impostor syndrome.

You can’t confirm anything. That’s the point. You’re always having to take someone’s word. I hope it’s legit, but there is ALWAYS doubt when you operate behind a veil of secrecy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaos, 

I haven't always agreed with you but I sincerely hope you're able to make changes and add transparency to this.  

As I reflect on my scores despite failing I'm at peace with not passing, what is killing me is that my worst afternoon score was on my hands Down strongest topic and I'm just annoyed that I can't see a solution and learn from my mistakes. 

I can understand why maybe they cant just publish MC questions bc they would effectively no longer be able to use them...but for the essays since there is basically an infinite amount of scenarios they can make it would be nice to get solutions for those... especially after spending a G to take the thing.  

So as you gather ideas for your crusade into that bureaucracy that is my one wish list item that maybe you can fight for.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

You can’t confirm anything. That’s the point. You’re always having to take someone’s word. I hope it’s legit, but there is ALWAYS doubt when you operate behind a veil of secrecy.

I'm hoping that the score reported was inadvertently someone else's. To be clear, this is my worst showing by far per the results. 20/40 and IIUU. I walked out of that test confident on probably 26 questions of the AM. CONFIDENT. And the afternoon I thought I had 2 to 3 As and worst case 1 U that would fail me if graded as a U. But I was encouraged by the rest. So the fact that not only did I not get even close to 26 but 50% has me baffled because that 50% would include a few correct guesses I would assume. 

 

Honestly I'm either the most delusional test taker ever or it just wasn't my test that I'm looking at the scores for. If I saw like 25 or 26, fine, but 20? I'm just not convinced it was my test the more I think about I. And I realize how ridiculous I sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mikesltj23 said:

I'm hoping that the score reported was inadvertently someone else's. To be clear, this is my worst showing by far per the results. 20/40 and IIUU. I walked out of that test confident on probably 26 questions of the AM. CONFIDENT. And the afternoon I thought I had 2 to 3 As and worst case 1 U that would fail me if graded as a U. But I was encouraged by the rest. So the fact that not only did I not get even close to 26 but 50% has me baffled because that 50% would include a few correct guesses I would assume. 

 

Honestly I'm either the most delusional test taker ever or it just wasn't my test that I'm looking at the scores for. If I saw like 25 or 26, fine, but 20? I'm just not convinced it was my test the more I think about I. And I realize how ridiculous I sound. 

Hah. I get it. I thought I had a 38/40 with AAAIR in April. I got a 23/40 with AAAIR. It still seems fishy to me too. I was certain it was almost statistically impossible for me to fail, but again, I have the worst luck in the universe. I could win the lottery and lose money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mikesltj23 said:

I'm hoping...

The best advice that I have is to take a course with AEI. After the course, you will KNOW the stuff. I wish I had taken the course before I ever attempted the exam, but I was told by older SEs that nonlinear analysis was not included. Color me stupid, I guess. I walked into it and received a swift kick to the ding ding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titleistguy said:

Chaos, 

I haven't always agreed with you but I sincerely hope you're able to make changes and add transparency to this.  

As I reflect on my scores despite failing I'm at peace with not passing, what is killing me is that my worst afternoon score was on my hands Down strongest topic and I'm just annoyed that I can't see a solution and learn from my mistakes. 

I can understand why maybe they cant just publish MC questions bc they would effectively no longer be able to use them...but for the essays since there is basically an infinite amount of scenarios they can make it would be nice to get solutions for those... especially after spending a G to take the thing.  

So as you gather ideas for your crusade into that bureaucracy that is my one wish list item that maybe you can fight for.

I troll, but I'd like to think I'm pretty fair when I'm being serious. If I wrote a manifesto about what I would like to see happen, you'd no doubt at least agree with the logic. I'll do my best and at least get some face time with a few officials, but I need someone to lend me some luck to get an appointment for the board. Worst case scenario, I'll speed up the application process for Georgia if I get an appointment. It's currently abysmal.

As far as publishing the questions, I get that. I still don't understand why you couldn't pay a fee to see the exam after grading though. After all, you've already seen the exam. It seems like this would be another revenue stream for NCEES and this process would actually allow engineers to learn from their mistakes. I know I would've gladly paid it in the past.

Currently, my best guess is that you must undergo some illuminati blood ritual to be involved with the exams after grading. If you guys never hear from me again, I guess you'll know what happened.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

The best advice that I have is to take a course with AEI. After the course, you will KNOW the stuff. I wish I had taken the course before I ever attempted the exam, but I was told by older SEs that nonlinear analysis was not included. Color me stupid, I guess. I walked into it and received a swift kick to the ding ding.

Chaos, is the AEI course realistic of the type of problems we get on the real exam? I took the PPI class for Vertical and Lateral before this Oct. 2019 exam and the homework problems (albeit very detailed) were completely unrealistic to the kind of questions I would get on the exam. I'd like to give AEI a shot, but not if it's the same as the PPI course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

I still don't understand why you couldn't pay a fee to see the exam after grading though. After all, you've already seen the exam. 

I completely agree with you, ChaosMuppetPE.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JP87 said:

Chaos, is the AEI course realistic of the type of problems we get on the real exam? I took the PPI class for Vertical and Lateral before this Oct. 2019 exam and the homework problems (albeit very detailed) were completely unrealistic to the kind of questions I would get on the exam. I'd like to give AEI a shot, but not if it's the same as the PPI course.

AEI is very close to exam content. Further, they actually break the material down and teach it to you rather than teach specifically to the test. I can't say enough good things about the course. In my opinion, $1150 for a near guaranteed pass is much better than struggling for a few attempts to figure out the material on your own. If you have further questions, I'll give you one of the instructor's contacts via PM.

Edited by ChaosMuppetPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, STR_BR said:

I completely agree with you, ChaosMuppetPE.

Just with the seeing the exam part, or with the Illuminati blood  ritual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

AEI is very close to exam content. Further, they actually break the material down and teach it to you rather than teach specifically to the test. I can't say enough good things about the course. In my opinion, $1150 for a near guaranteed pass is much better than struggling for a few attempts to figure out the material on your own. If you have further questions, I'll give you one of the instructor's contacts via PM.

Yes please, I'd appreciate it.

This Oct. 2019 cycle was my first time taking the SE and seeing those "unacceptables" was purely soul crushing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...