October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 83 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

1 minute ago, Dumpster Slapper said:

Not to mention if they did have a simple date for release it would have soooo much padding in that we'd wait much, much longer.  My guess if they had a guaranteed release date that it would be AT LEAST 10 weeks from test date (maybe more to add extra contingency) and they would NOT release before that date. I guess that it would maybe be better since it would remove the unknown factor, but at the expense of a longer wait time.

I would honestly rather have a longer waiting period than guess everyday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

No, only some of us on/reading this thread are professionals. The rest want to become professionals. You however are not behaving like a professional. You want to be a professional engineer? Calm down, stay rational, and start acting professional!

Seems a bit condescending to state that without professional engineering licensure you aren't a professional in a workspace, which is what the user you quoted was implying. A bit rude.

Edited by Rocky244
typo
  • Like 2
  • fudgey 1

Just now, Rocky244 said:

Seems a bit condescending to state that without professional engineering licensure you aren't a professional in a workspace, which is what the user you quoted was inferring. A bit rude.

Their post was not professional.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Structurebeast said:

my buddy passed his exam a year and half ago...got his email around 4/5 pm right after he got fired for not signing a non compete....sooo if we do find out today there's a chance we dont find out until 4/5pm..

Results are released during typical working hours EST.

830a-430p. And can be released at any time during that time frame. 

3 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

No. That won't accomplish anything and it will appear threatening.

They do say when it should be released: 8-10 weeks. We aren't there yet.

I guess you've never worked on a real project? Real projects have cost and schedule overruns. It's more important to complete the project fully, safely, and to spec then it is to throw nonsense out there that can cause harm.

No, only some of us on/reading this thread are professionals. The rest want to become professionals. You however are not behaving like a professional. You want to be a professional engineer? Calm down, stay rational, and start acting professional!

Cost and schedule overruns are not caused by a scantron exam that could be graded in minutes, but for whatever reason is taking 2 months. Try telling your client that the project is going to need 2 more weeks because your printer isn’t working.

Being a professional doesn’t mean being a professional engineer. I don’t think I said anything that makes me not “professional”. Unless your PE makes you a better judge of that.

Just now, Cocoa1210 said:

Cost and schedule overruns are not caused by a scantron exam that could be graded in minutes, but for whatever reason is taking 2 months. Try telling your client that the project is going to need 2 more weeks because your printer isn’t working.

Being a professional doesn’t mean being a professional engineer. I don’t think I said anything that makes me not “professional”. Unless your PE makes you a better judge of that.

Go read through the earlier pages. It's more than "just" a scantron. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky244 said:

Seems a bit condescending to state that without professional engineering licensure you aren't a professional in a workspace, which is what the user you quoted was implying. A bit rude.

Working for a civil engineering consultant, you aren't officially an engineer in anyone's eyes until you have a PE.  

1 minute ago, Chattaneer said:

NO! Do you???

Yeah.  They were delivered yesterday by USPS.  Came with a free gift card to Outback, too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, slothman said:

I'm teetering between phase 5 (anger) and going full circle back to phase 1 (calm). I have bouts of anger at NCEES for not having some sort of set date for a deadline like every other professional organization would have. I am also at peace with my results and am ready to just move on to either getting a promotion at work or getting back to studying. I also can't wait to get this stupid suitcase of manuals out of my office. 

Yeah, I want to move the materials away from my room as well!

• Haha 1

Just now, HopkinsReb said:

Yeah.  They were delivered yesterday by USPS.  Came with a free gift card to Outback, too.

Dang. I wish mine was delivered yesterday. The gift card, that is.

2 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

830a-430p. And can be released at any time during that time frame. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HopkinsReb said:

You're lucky. Mine only came with a gift card to applebees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chattaneer said:

Dang. I wish mine was delivered yesterday. The gift card, that is.

Gonna enjoy me a Bloomin' Onion.  Alright alright alright.

All I have to do to activate the cards and receive my license is wire $2,000 to a Nigerian prince.

• Haha 3

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

You're lucky. Mine only came with a gift card to applebees.

SMH Maryland.  We down in Virginia live it up.

Just now, HopkinsReb said:

Gonna enjoy me a Bloomin' Onion.  Alright alright alright.

All I have to do to activate the cards and receive my license is wire $2,000 to a Nigerian prince.

Can I get his email? I have some savings I could wire.

Edited by Chattaneer

I messaged someone on the NCEES live chat this morning, I asked if the results are being released this week and they said "8-10 weeks and they don't have any further information" 

I'm kinda feeling the results come next week...Here comes another weekend full wondrous anxiety  

• Sad 1

Just now, Beach_Vince said:

I messaged someone on the NCEES live chat this morning, I asked if the results are being released this week and they said "8-10 weeks and they don't have any further information" 

I'm kinda feeling the results come next week...Here comes another weekend full wondrous anxiety  

Please don't bug the chat folks. They literally won't tell you anything besides 8-10 weeks. 

• Like 1