October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 52 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

11 minutes ago, Waiting said:

They torture us even more in South Dakota. We have to wait for a letter in the mail for our results.

South Dakota usually populates its license lookup before it sends out the letters. In the past, some people found themselves on the lookup before the letter arrived. Note: not finding yourself on the lookup doesn't necessarily mean you did not pass.

10 minutes ago, hprater said:

New here! I'm from MS. How did you guys find this?

You wouldn't happen to know when MS released its results last spring? Yours was the only state without representation last cycle.

5 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

South Dakota usually populates its license lookup before it sends out the letters. In the past, some people found themselves on the lookup before the letter arrived. Note: not finding yourself on the lookup doesn't necessarily mean you did not pass.

I have heard that. I have been obsessively looking just to be sure, haha. We will see...

Just now, Waiting said:

I have heard that. I have been obsessively looking just to be sure, haha. We will see...

Don't bother looking until other states have released first.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hprater said:

New here! I'm from MS. How did you guys find this?

3 minutes ago, Waiting said:
10 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

@hprater Mississippi also populates their licence lookup before they allow NCEES to notify examinees of their result.

1 minute ago, RBHeadge PE said:

@hprater Mississippi also populates their licence lookup before they allow NCEES to notify examinees of their result.

So in those states, are you licensed as soon as you pass?

Exam results will be released on December 9th, 2019 between 10 am - 12 pm...

...I think... Enjoy your weekend!

Edited by Aiden

34 minutes ago, WaitingonResults said:

So in those states, are you licensed as soon as you pass?

Yes, for all practical purposes.

A person is licensed as soon as their name appears as an active* PE in their state's license lookup.

*active, current, etc depending on state.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hardhatsandpinkshoes said:

Same! What area?

+1 for the bluegrass state

West Kentucky, near Paducah. 

40 minutes ago, Galalliator said:

Does anyone know how new York releases the PE results? early or late?

New York tends to release on the first day. I don’t have an answer as to early or late on the first day though.

1 hour ago, Galalliator said:

Does anyone know how new York releases the PE results? early or late?

Check the map threads. It's usually the first day. I've never seen a pattern as to when on the first day it releases.

On a side note, after next week it’ll be 60 days since I submitted my California application so the waiting period before contacting them on what’s up will be over. Can’t wait for the new applications to fill their inbox in the upcoming week

17 hours ago, MDeebs said:

New York tends to release on the first day. I don’t have an answer as to early or late on the first day though.

Thank you, i cant believe we are waiting all this time

16 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Check the map threads. It's usually the first day. I've never seen a pattern as to when on the first day it releases.

Thanks.

the wait really sucks, my whole life is messed up i can`t do anything at work,just refreshing my NCEES account and looking for new courses

• Like 1

I feel like the wait for the folks whose test is transitioning to CBT is so much worse because if you fail, not only do you have to retake, you have to retake in a whole different format! It's torture!

53 minutes ago, SpecificHeat said:

I feel like the wait for the folks whose test is transitioning to CBT is so much worse because if you fail, not only do you have to retake, you have to retake in a whole different format! It's torture!

that`s true, i can`t imagine my 3" binder will be useless, all my notes, unit conversion book.

it is terrible

19 minutes ago, ZGL said:

Today?

Only if it's Snowball Day in Hades.

Based in past week posts, I guess results will be released by Wednesday noon - Thursday noon. 

8 minutes ago, TSLT2010 said:

Based in past week posts, I guess results will be released by Wednesday noon - Thursday noon. 

I wouldn't get too confident, but there's a decent chance, I suppose.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 4:17 PM, SpecificHeat said:

The Mechanical Reference handbook 1.1 PDF is available on the NCEES dashboard for free download.

I personally wouldn't start studying for April until I knew I failed this attempt. But to each their own.

30 minutes ago, ZGL said:

Today?

Let's go to the magic eight ball.

Magic_8_Ball_featured.jpg

9 minutes ago, TSLT2010 said:

Wednesday is the first day I think is viable but that doesn't mean that I think the chances are decent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1