Best Textbook for Wind/Seismic Design/Analysis - SE Lateral

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N_Mo

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am planning to take SE Lateral exam in October. I need to study some references before dive into details and solving problems. I was wondering if anybody can introduce me two books, one for Wind Design/Analysis of Buildings and one for Seismic Design/Analysis ?? Moreover, do you think 2015 reinforced concrete masonry book (by California/Nevada Masonry Association) is enough for Seismic Design of Masonry? ? Unfortunately, new version of "Wood Design" book by Breyer covering the reference codes of the exam will be out in September. So, which book do you use for Wood seismic/wind design?

Best Regards, 

I used the masonry book you referenced and had everything I needed. I didn't even have the TMS code.

I've heard good things about the SEAOC books

A good reference is PCIs notes on ACI318-08 which is free and while it is dated most of the changes are organizational, not technical. The graphics help explain some of the more technical detailing requirements. 

Latest posts

Back