April 2019 15k SPAM Thread - Page 112 - Games - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
NJmike PE

April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Recommended Posts

Office basil plant is blowing up SPAM.

Edit: Ooh! ToP! :bananalama:

 

Edited by squaretaper PE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chili pepper plants haven't sprouted yet. I might really need to get a heated blanket for this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squaretaper PE said:

Office basil plant is blowing up SPAM.

Edit: Ooh! ToP! :bananalama:

 

I’m no botanist, but...I don’t think spontaneous combustion is normal behavior for basil plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChebyshevII_PE said:

I’m no botanist, but...I don’t think spontaneous combustion is normal behavior for basil plants.

It's not combustion, it's deflagration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNAPE/SMOTT PE said:

Greenhouse? Do they make mini desk versions?

I'm sure I could just tent my whole cubicle with plastic drop cloth à la E.T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, squaretaper PE said:

It's not combustion, it's deflagration!

That’s even worse!

(what does deflagration mean)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNAPE/SMOTT PE said:

Greenhouse? Do they make mini desk versions?

It's annoying because the basil was just an afterthought and the seeds were free. The chili peppers are supposed to be the star, but right now it's just being an annoying diva who can't deliver.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChebyshevII_PE said:

That’s even worse!

(what does deflagration mean)

Oh you electricals...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNAPE/SMOTT PE said:

Greenhouse? Do they make mini desk versions?

Actually...this is not the worst idea. I'm going to marinate on this.

I'm so lazy I'm seriously contemplating putting a PLC here to water my plants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything basil makes me think of that episode from The Office when Michael thinks a bag of caprese salad is weed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squaretaper PE said:

Actually...this is not the worst idea. I'm going to marinate on this.

I'm so lazy I'm seriously contemplating putting a PLC here to water my plants.

@knight1fox3 please send me a Compactlogix controller and a couple IO card to make this a reality. I will pay you in chili peppers and caprese salad. I would like the conformal coating adder because I routinely spill coffee.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNAPE/SMOTT PE said:

Try growing that in your office.

Again, not the worst idea @SNAPE/SMOTT PE is on a roll! I do work for the guvmint...it takes an act of Congress to fire anyone...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new AB Compactlogix controllers are cool, but I keep forgetting to add the terminal strip part numbers. Oops.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squaretaper PE said:

@knight1fox3 please send me a Compactlogix controller and a couple IO card to make this a reality. I will pay you in chili peppers and caprese salad. I would like the conformal coating adder because I routinely spill coffee.

Automation guy here, you’re not gonna be able to afford a compactlogix controller with that kinda payment. Automationdirect, raspi, or arduino would be cheaper :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

Automation guy here, you’re not gonna be able to afford a compactlogix controller with that kinda payment. Automationdirect, raspi, or arduino would be cheaper :P

I do have a little Koyo unit running my beer making stuff at home. Not bad stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNAPE/SMOTT PE said:

Well, look at that, everyone at work is available on skype...group chat!

I miss my Skype for business! WebEx is garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, squaretaper PE said:

Ooo, neat! Are you more industrial control systems? Buildings? Government skunk works?

Mostly industrial, but i’ve dabbled in buildings as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squaretaper PE said:

Ooo, neat! Are you more industrial control systems? Buildings? Government skunk works?

Who are we kidding, @ChebyshevII_PE is full-time running this SPAM thread. Also, SPAM.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

Mostly industrial, but i’ve dabbled in buildings as well.

I'm no longer in the systems integration game, I miss playing with electronics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, squaretaper PE said:

I'm no longer in the systems integration game, I miss playing with electronics.

It’s hecka fun, I really enjoy it. I’m fortunate that I get to work with the whole picture; not just PLC programming, but also HMI/SCADA, physical hardware, networking, electrical troubleshooting, comms protocols, drawings, diagnostics...it’s been a great experience for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...