Jump to content
Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
a4u2fear

NY License Watch OCT 2018 Exam

Recommended Posts

Weird question......anyone knows if your stamp has to be a certain color i.e. Black/Blue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stamp itself (like the rubber?) or the stamp ink?  I've only ever seen stamp ink as black, which I think has to do with the legality of it.  I've never seen official documents signed in blue ink, and even at the bank, have you ever signed a mortgage or document in blue?  I think the black ink is the standard for anything to do with legality in NYS.

Also, I too am a "K"-last name and I am kinda dying when I saw multiple "Z"-names.  😨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, there's only been 2 licenses uploaded today.  Neither of them K's.  I'm kinda giving up hope of anything coming out today.  I'll have to wait until next week (siiiiiiigh).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My actual license number was processed on the first day and my license certificate came in the mail yesterday. Those should be coming in shortly for everyone!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*that nervous feeling where your license number hasn't been uploaded yet, but it seems like everyone else's has, and you keep uploading NCEES to confirm that, yes, it still says passed*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, JayKay0914 said:

*that nervous feeling where your license number hasn't been uploaded yet, but it seems like everyone else's has, and you keep uploading NCEES to confirm that, yes, it still says passed*

This is like a cruel version of bingo. Wonder where knickers is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tpkjr2006 said:

 

This is like a cruel version of bingo. Wonder where knickers is now.

Image result for ufo cow too big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The site was actually down last night (it seemed to crash whenever you put in a license search even by last name).  They have started uploading a couple more names, but they're all over the place!  S-B-G-H.  We'll see if there is another K-name sometime today!  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NYSED site is down again (it seems to be down fairly often due to updates).  They have started uploading a couple more names, but they're all over the place!  S-B-G-H, and only a couple a day.  NCEES still says I passed, so it really is just a waiting game for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tpkjr2006 said:

nothing yet

Up to license 100793!  They're adding a couple more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

Up to license 100793!  They're adding a couple more!

Lets hope soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone called them to determine why they have been only processing a couple a day while it was 40+ a few weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PEPurgatory said:

Has anyone called them to determine why they have been only processing a couple a day while it was 40+ a few weeks ago?

Nope.  I assume it has something to do with the holidays (I know a majority of people take off the last two weeks of the year and this week is really only the 'start' of people returning).  The website does say 5-8 weeks for processing.  If I don't have my license number by Valentine's Day, then I'll be a little concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One word of advice, do not bug the engineering license board for ny. I have a coworker that called them idiots a few weeks ago, and i doubt they will process his license by commity.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tpkjr2006 said:

One word of advice, do not bug the engineering license board for ny. I have a coworker that called them idiots a few weeks ago, and i doubt they will process his license by commity.

Truth.  Only poke the sleeping dragon if you have a really, really good reason, and be very contrite when doing so.  Case in point: when they were issuing exam approval and I had submitted everything early (November) but hadn't received notification if I could sit (this was Feb 1st, and I think the closing registration for the exam was Feb 20?).  I called and talked to a person and was like, "Maybe I missed it in the mail, but I was hoping someone could help, even if it means I can't sit the exam this round, I'd like to make sure my submittal package is complete for the next review round."

Was told I'd prob not make the Feb deadling/it takes 6-weeks to review, but then they followed-up with an email stating what was missing (a single Form 4A), allowed me to submit the form via email, and then reviewed and gave the okay in 2-weeks.

It's all about not pushing the buttons for something not really important (if you passed, you passed, they can't take that away).  They're issuing license numbers.  I won't complain unless it's mid-March and I don't have my number by then.

Edited by JayKay0914

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

Truth.  Only poke the sleeping dragon if you have a really, really good reason, and be very contrite when doing so.  Case in point: when they were issuing exam approval and I had submitted everything early (November) but hadn't received notification if I could sit (this was Feb 1st, and I think the closing registration for the exam was Feb 20?).  I called and talked to a person and was like, "Maybe I missed it in the mail, but I was hoping someone could help, even if it means I can't sit the exam this round, I'd like to make sure my submittal package is complete for the next review round."

Was told I'd prob not make the Feb deadling/it takes 6-weeks to review, but then they followed-up with an email stating what was missing (a single Form 4A), allowed me to submit the form via email, and then reviewed and gave the okay in 2-weeks.

It's all about not pushing the buttons for something not really important (if you passed, you passed, they can't take that away).  They're issuing license numbers.  I won't complain unless it's mid-March and I don't have my number by then.

Agree they are pretty reasonable when you are nice to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only seen a couple of updates over the past couple days (2-3 per day).  None have been me.  I don't know if the shutdown is affecting the updates or not.  I'll keep waiting, again, it's not February yet so there is still time in the 5-8 week window that is shown on the nysed website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×