Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
NewbPE

PE Exam Rescore

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get everyone’s take on this. I have a fellow coworker who took the exam and felt that they possibly could’ve scored him wrong. 

My question is there a rescore process and if anyone has been through it have the had any success? Is it even worth it? 

Imho I don’t think he has a shot with the score he told me but it’s just good info to know. Thank you!

If you do some searching around this forum you'll find a few other threads that discuss this topic. Ultimately the consensus is that in the history of the FE/PE exam administration by NCEES, no exam result have been over-turned by a re-score request. So in essence, it's really money and time wasted that could be better spent preparing for the next exam re-take. Understandable that's easier said than done, but it is what it is. Good luck to your "fellow co-worker" on the next exam cycle. :thumbs:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knight1fox3 said:

If you do some searching around this forum you'll find a few other threads that discuss this topic. Ultimately the consensus is that in the history of the FE/PE exam administration by NCEES, no exam result have been over-turned by a re-score request. So in essence, it's really money and time wasted that could be better spent preparing for the next exam re-take. Understandable that's easier said than done, but it is what it is. Good luck to your "fellow co-worker" on the next exam cycle. :thumbs:

I really appreciate the insight. That’s what I figured too. Thanks knight!

Don’t waste the money. I did it last cycle as I missed what I think was the passing score by one point. They quickly responded stating my score was correct after a manual review. 

• Like 1