CBT prep - Page 7 - Environmental Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
PEforWin

CBT prep

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, vee043324 said:

it makes me a little nervous that ~30% of the exam is qualitative. that's a lot for closed book exam. i love the idea of making flashcards (thanks @engineer123) but don't know if i trust myself enough to make the right ones with the right content. sighhhhh.

@vee043324It is kinda tricky as to what information you want to write down on the flashcards (because they can ask you anything haha) but you should at least capture the basic facts/concepts. The Intro to Enviro textbook is pretty useful. Go through each chapters and write down terms, definitions, etc. I will say it is time consuming to make flashcards but this is a study method that I know works for me lol good luck! :)

Edited by engineer123
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, engineer123 said:

@vee043324It is kinda tricky as to what information you want to write down on the flashcards (because they can ask you anything haha) but you should at least capture the basic facts/concepts. The Intro to Enviro textbook is pretty useful. Go through each chapters and write down terms, definitions, etc. I will say it is time consuming to make flashcards but this is a study method that I know works for me lol good luck! :)

that's a great idea.  i found a good website for online flashcards earlier this week that *allegedly* is designed to help you remember stuff better than handwritten. i don't know if i buy it BUT they do have a cell phone app so you can review stuff anywhere which is a nice sell. we'll seeeee

To everyone in NY who passed (I think @EngMel and @engineer123), sometimes the licenses take really long and sometimes the don't.  I was one of the last paper tests and I think the reason it took so long for a license number to be issued (found out I passed in October 2018, only received my license number in March 2019) was because of the huge influx of reciprocity licenses and new licenses being processed at the same time.  I think they used to do it all in batches.  I'm not sure if the CBT would make things go faster, since they're a steady influx, or if they'll hold off on licenses to do a huge batch?  Either way, congrats on passing and I hope the wait for your license number is short! 

On 9/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, JayKay0914 said:

To everyone in NY who passed (I think @EngMel and @engineer123), sometimes the licenses take really long and sometimes the don't.  I was one of the last paper tests and I think the reason it took so long for a license number to be issued (found out I passed in October 2018, only received my license number in March 2019) was because of the huge influx of reciprocity licenses and new licenses being processed at the same time.  I think they used to do it all in batches.  I'm not sure if the CBT would make things go faster, since they're a steady influx, or if they'll hold off on licenses to do a huge batch?  Either way, congrats on passing and I hope the wait for your license number is short! 

This is crazy, but my license was actually issued two days after I got my result! I was checking the website for kicks and was totally shocked when I saw my name pop up. I'm wondering if it was mostly lucky timing, being just before the October exam? There must not be much of a backlog at the moment.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, EngMel said:

This is crazy, but my license was actually issued two days after I got my result! I was checking the website for kicks and was totally shocked when I saw my name pop up. I'm wondering if it was mostly lucky timing, being just before the October exam? There must not be much of a backlog at the moment.

Ahhhhhh!!!!  That's amazing!!!!  I'm def thinking they're trying to clear the docket before the paper PE exams.  I think results hit them last time early December, and with the holidays and everything, they were really swamped/attempting to upload license numbers for a while.  I think they finally finished the PE paper results in April?  Right before the next exam?  Doesn't help that now the PG exam is held the same time.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:50 PM, EngMel said:

I'm also in NY.  33 days since I got my result and still not licensed.