CBT prep

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@waternerdThese are the two CBT Schneiter books on PPI that @GirlsCanDesignhad recommended to me (thanks again!) :)

https://ppi2pass.com/pe-environmental-practice-exams-peenpx.html

https://ppi2pass.com/pe-environmental-practice-pack.html

I'm definitely going to get the practice book with 500 problems. I'm still debating on the exam booklet with two exams (80 questions) though... I just hope it doesn't have the same questions as the practice book since it's the same author 😅
There might have been similar problems but for the most part, the practice exam questions were different.

I WILL say that the Practice Problem book and the 101 Solved Environmental Engineer Problems book by Schneiter overlap. I learned that the hard way :\

I agree with @txjennah PE on that as well.

@engineer123 I recommend getting the practice exams too and running through a few "practice test" trials before your exam. I  blocked off 4 hours and took the exams trying to reflect the same conditions as the actual test. I used the handbook pdf online and used a dry erase board to do my calcs. It helps you get a feel for how your timing is per problem, and it trains you to know when to skip something and go back. Then I'd do the NCEES exam the same way.

@waternerd I would just make sure they're the updated practice books for PPI. They created new ones based on CBT so chances are that $15 one you're looking at is an old edition. I think my PPI booklet (reflecting CBT) was around $80.

I just found the practice exams book for $15 on Amazon (it seems weird, but it's worth the risk), but if you have the other one...

Thanks for the advice @JayKay0914 @engineer123 and @GirlsCanDesign
Hahahaha, I just checked and the books I have on Amazon are sold out/ridiculously expensive.  Maybe you went through a normal seller to get the $15 price?  None of mine are the CBT-version, but they're good solid practice exams + practice problems.

How did you guys utilize the Intro to Environmental Eng book by David & Cornell? It was recommend by a lot of the folks here & has practice questions at the end of each chapter which seem pretty good but it doesn't come with a solution manual or answer key! Was wondering if theres solution book out there? 

How did you guys utilize the Intro to Environmental Eng book by David & Cornell? It was recommend by a lot of the folks here & has practice questions at the end of each chapter which seem pretty good but it doesn't come with a solution manual or answer key! Was wondering if theres solution book out there? 
I'd like to know this as well! lol I just tried searching on amazon & ebay for books but didn't find one. I know Chegg has textbook solutions so that might be an option.

@GirlsCanDesignwow that's awesome - congratulations on the pass 😀 how did you feel about the exam overall? I hope those of us who still need to take it will have a good chance of passing =p I am worried about air section since I don't work in that area.

Back