California PE Civil- Geotech Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Denteh

Reaction score
Planning to rewrite the PE Exam in California after an unsuccessful attempt in North Carolina. I was really hoping to at least survive with a pass but i  was unsuccessful. I really prepared for the exam since I was not working that time but with previous mine and exploration geotechnical experience.

Now to the main point: I currently reside in Canada and had my FE Civil exam written and passed from the state of Michigan. I registered for the PE Civil Geotech last spring and got failed from North Carolina State. I chose NC because of the flexibility in registration: once your FE exam is verified on NCEES account, you are automatically qualified to register for the PE exam.

I want to consider California as my PE exam state the next time I register; maybe this fall. Any insight about their regulations and requirements?. A Canadian citizen without USA  address..

Thank you....

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael, requirements can be found for each state on the individual board websites. Are you looking to relocate after getting licensed? Your PE will only be valid for that state that issues it. If you go through a state that let's you automatically sit for exam since you have ano EIT license, you still need to get through the entire license proceure before you can call yourself a PE regardless of when you pass the exam.

Back