Engineer Boards
​ ​

Is there anyway to ask NCEES to douboe check the results?

I failed civil construction. When I tool the exam I was pretty sure that i did great in th morning part, but afternoon was challenging for me.

When I saw diagnostic, i noticed my morning score were below average and I did great in afternoon! I had 2 subjects with 100% and 2 with 86% in afternoon all above average....

Doesnt make sense to me.

:(

any recommendations? 

Yes, you can ask and pay for a manual scoring. But be warned that no one has ever had a manual scoring change a result from a fail to a pass. I'd recommend saving your money and studying for the next exam.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jessica said:

I failed civil construction. When I tool the exam I was pretty sure that i did great in th morning part, but afternoon was challenging for me.

When I saw diagnostic, i noticed my morning score were below average and I did great in afternoon! I had 2 subjects with 100% and 2 with 86% in afternoon all above average....

Doesnt make sense to me.

any recommendations? 

You can send email to NCEES.I believe u need pay some money and they can send someone to review the result one by one manually.It is worth to try if you are confident in the morning session

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Doesnt make sense to me.

any recommendations? 

If questions are subjective questions I would recommend you to do that. 

• Like 1

I've only heard of one person (former colleague) who requested a manual review of which his result was changed to a pass.  This was some time ago and was based on him telling the story. I can't say if it was the truth but I can't see why he would lie about it. Good luck and don't give up. You will get there!

• Like 3

Jessica, you are not alone. I left the exam feeling very confident that I passed. So when I got a "fail", i was really shocked. I am actually contemplating having my score reviewed manually, which costs $75. Now, if the score doesn't change, that's another $75 down the drain. I mean at this point, whats another $75 after all the resources I've poured into this test.

I know exactly how you feel and its a crappy feeling.

If you have great, non-judgmental friends, make a deal with them. Have them pay for the manual review,  and pay them back if the score changes. If the score doesn't  change, they should consider it community service, or future beer money,  giving the fact that you have to take it again and pay for it. 

• Like 1

Before the results came in, this is my biggest fear..IF they happen to made an error and had me failed..thank God they didn't in my case..because I was damn 1000% sure I smoked that exam and I was saying this here in the board just right after the exam...

If I were you, I would GO do it and request a manual review..$75 is nothing to what you have invested in this exam. Books, time, life, family..

• Like 1

I did it.

waiting for the results... I still have 1% hope because my coworker asked for manual verification 6-7 years ago and after a few months when he was getting ready for taking the exam again, they told him he passed.

When you search online they say this never happened but it has actually happened!

Just now, Jessica said:

I did it.

waiting for the results... I still have 1% hope because my coworker asked for manual verification 6-7 years ago and after a few months when he was getting ready for taking the exam again, they told him he passed.

When you search online they say this never happened but it has actually happened!

Woah, is this for real? I'm not sure why someone would lie about that... Assuming he is actually now a licensed PE!

Hopefully it works out in your favor.

Makes you wonder how many of us that received passing results actually failed but were passed because of an error. hmm..

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kloeb222 said:

Hopefully it works out in your favor.

Makes you wonder how many of us that received passing results actually failed but were passed because of an error. hmm..

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jessica said:

I did it.

1 hour ago, leggo PE said:

Woah, is this for real? I'm not sure why someone would lie about that... Assuming he is actually now a licensed PE!

He is. He is a senior bridge engineer and a close friend of mine.

@knight1fox3 @RBHeadge PE might this be of interest to either of you? I consider it a pretty interesting piece of information!

• Thanks 2

I also requested the manual verification and quickly received notice that my score had not changed. Felt it was necessary for me to try, though.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:12 AM, Jessica said:

I did it.

Curious to know the response. I hope you pass.

4 hours ago, Mech_Engineer said:

I also requested the manual verification and quickly received notice that my score had not changed. Felt it was necessary for me to try, though.

Darn, I'm sorry to hear that. I imagine I would have done the same thing myself, though, had I found myself in that position.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:12 AM, Jessica said:

I did it.

Any response yet ?

Two things, its either she passed and as a condition she can't disclose OR NCEES told her that she might have skipped one number shading the bubbles and made the answers incorrect, but would have been correct if it were to move back the shaded bubbles one step backwards so which one is it? Hope its the first one! 

41 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Same result. failed,

So it seemed you fall for the  traps then if no mistake on shading bubbles?

Same result. failed,

Well certainly appreciate posting back here with an update. Time to get back on the proverbial horse and hit that test head on in the next cycle. You'll get there. And at least now you have some real experience with the exam and what to expect. Good luck with your studies! :thumbs:

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, Surf and Snow said:

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, if your diagnostic shows 67% as your score and you know you did well enough to pass; it is a good idea to have them manual check everything.

on the other hand, I would not waste my money if my score is in the 45% to 58% range.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.