Engineer Boards
PPI
PE-Apr2018-Power

April 2018 Power PE Difficultly Level

5 minutes ago, stpitman said:

I passed! holy $h!t

Do they provide any detailed information on how you did other than a "pass" or "fail"?

Depends on which state you sat for the exam. I believe TX is one of the only jurisdictions that releases your passing score.

7 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

Depends on which state you sat for the exam. I believe TX is one of the only jurisdictions that releases your passing score.

Good thing I took it in Texas. They did something similar for the FE, and actually gave you your score out of 100. I don't remember if they mailed or emailed the results though.

Congrats, to all the passers.

The description about the morning portion being more difficult and having a lot of curveballs compared to the afternoon session applies to the version of the exam I took back in '11. Keep at it and don't be discouraged

I passed as well (according to the CTS website, it's not up for Illinois on NCEES yet).  A combination of Graffeo and tabbed notes from School of PE is what got me over the finish line.  I am certain I would have failed without them both.  

I leaned on Graffeo so much I actually can't imagine what test-takers did before that book was published lol.

Capture.PNG

10 hours ago, BirdGrave said:

I passed as well (according to the CTS website, it's not up for Illinois on NCEES yet).  A combination of Graffeo and tabbed notes from School of PE is what got me over the finish line.  I am certain I would have failed without them both.  

I leaned on Graffeo so much I actually can't imagine what test-takers did before that book was published lol.

Capture.PNG

Congrats! 

Its funny you say that, during alot of my practice tests I used graffeo's book but during the actual test I picked up the engineering pro guides PDF (mostly the equation sheets) I printed out significantly more. Seemed to have worked though since I passed.

57 minutes ago, tschnepf said:

Congrats! 

Its funny you say that, during alot of my practice tests I used graffeo's book but during the actual test I picked up the engineering pro guides PDF (mostly the equation sheets) I printed out significantly more. Seemed to have worked though since I passed.

Thank you for mentioning that, I completely forgot.  I think I had just done so many math problems at that point I memorized a lot of the formulas, and was speaking with respect to references for theoretical questions.

The Engineer Pro Guide notes were the best consolidated set of equations I found anywhere for exam reference.  They were so much more complete and better than my own compiled list of relevant equations.  Thank you again for your help, Justin.

Edited by BirdGrave