April 2018 Power PE Difficultly Level

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying not to refresh my NCEES homepage like a madman. At least not until the 2nd week of May or  so...
nah, you're looking more like last week of may I'd bet. maybe the week before if they are quick about it... which they are not.

Already got the NCEES dreaded survey!! Does this mean anything because cant have already graded the exams right??????

Already got the NCEES dreaded survey!! Does this mean anything because cant have already graded the exams right??????
I got the survey as well. I think they are just automated a few days after the exam...

I felt pretty confident that I'd cleared the passing grade threshold by a comfortable margin on the FE, so the wait there didn't both me as much as now.  This time I know it's really going to depend on where they scale the lowest passing grade.
Exactly my thoughts. Just hoping the curve is in our favor. Also, if the exam is going to be this hard, I think NCEES should elevate the difficulty level on their sample exam too. 

Yea I got the survey as well.  While they might have scanned the sheets already I doubt they've already scaled the exam and analyzed all the questions.  At least that is what I'm telling myself as I rock in the corner of the room.

Trying to calm down and take it as a joke... But anxiety is kicking in overdrive and Yay to the remaining 8-10 weeks!
Try to not stress.  Looking at the Oct 2017 thread it seems like plenty of people who got the survey also passed the test.  Even if it might have once been just people who failed got it there's no guarantee that's still the case.  Plus I reiterate that I don't see them having determined grades the Tuesday after test day.

Just going to throw out there that it would be impossible for them to know the score by now. They score new exams with a board of engineers that determine the cut score after scoring each individual problem on difficulty. They also have to do a bunch of stuff like hand grading a random sample of tests to ensure Scantron grading accuracy etc. 

A good read on how NCEES figures out cut scores: http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2012_AM_Understanding_Exam_Dev.pdf

I'm pretty sure it wasn't until maybe 4 weeks out that I got the survey... and I passed. Not sure about those who get early surveys but from what I read that's not a good thing.

I mean, take a look at this!

Reviewing examinee guide and came across this tidbit...

Examinee Survey

NCEES will email you an online post-exam survey 7–10 days after the exam upon early indications of a failing score. This is your opportunity to provide feedback on the exam process and the exam site conditions. If you have feedback specific to an exam question, provide it immediately after the exam through your MyNCEES account.

Meh. I got the survey today too. We ALL did. It’s Automated. I wouldn’t stress about it. But I could see it being a fun way to taunt the new guys every test cycle. 

Back