Applications Sub Topics Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jab2508

Reaction score
Good morning all

I am preparing for the April 2018 Exam.  I have been working problems in the Spin Up, the CI and NCEES practice exams.  Also, the Graffeo practice test.  However, I do not feel confident about the depth of applications problems, specifically: Reliability, Demand Calcs, Energy Mgmt, and Energy Efficiency.  I took the October exam, and did poorly in this area.  Are there other resources to bolster my learning in these areas?  Thanks in advance..

For energy items like demand,  efficiency, Energy mgt- Wildi is good source. This generally is common business sense.

For reliability I learnt it from work but surfing net also helps. There are few terms and few formulae along with concept of probability.

Good morning all

I am preparing for the April 2018 Exam.  I have been working problems in the Spin Up, the CI and NCEES practice exams.  Also, the Graffeo practice test.  However, I do not feel confident about the depth of applications problems, specifically: Reliability, Demand Calcs, Energy Mgmt, and Energy Efficiency.  I took the October exam, and did poorly in this area.  Are there other resources to bolster my learning in these areas?  Thanks in advance..
Hi Jab,

This has been answered a few times before on the forums but a great place to start for all exam references is the following article:

Electrical PE Review - Recommended References and Resources for the Electrical Power PE Exam

If you are looking for additional help, our review course has a module and quiz for each of the topics you mentioned. You can find more information at:

Electrical PE Review - Online Review Course for the Electrical Power PE Exam

If you have any questions about the above material please let me know, I'm happy to help.

Hello Zach, thank you for the reply

I have the above references. Again, there just doesn't seem to be too many questions that really dig into the topics I mentioned.  Have about 3 full weeks to go, it would be great to get any questions pertaining to those areas

Back