Things that are worse than failing the PE... - OCT 2017 - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
vee043324

Things that are worse than failing the PE...

Recommended Posts

I was so devastated after learning my results from the October exam that I had to isolate myself from this website/anything exam related/the world... but I'm back and reading through all of these threads has been super encouraging - so I want to say thanks!!

I've spent a lot of time trying to put my failing result in perspective. I know things could be much worse, but sometimes it's hard to remember this fact. So, if you're still struggling with the exam results like me, here's an opportunity for all of us to discuss things that are worse than failing the PE.

1. Your pet dies
2. Anyone dies
3. You die
4. Losing a really big election and feeling like you let millions of women down 
5. Girlfriend/Boyfriend cheating on you
6. Being in a car accident and dealing with insurance companies
 

Interested in hearing what others have to add... this thread was created with some humor and isn't intended to be taken super seriously! I'm just trying to make myself less depressed:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
  1. An endorsement from Steve Bannon
  2. Trying to jump in the middle of "Whose is bigger contest" between Trump and Dennis Rodman's North Korean BFF
  3. Being a Browns Fan
  4. That Virginia candidate who lost the election by losing the pick numbers out of film cannister contest 
  5. The Democrats in Viriginia who lost potential control of the state legislature by losing the pick a number out of film cannister contest  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Having a democrat in the presidential office (or worse, one who's treasonous and a federal criminal)
  2. Being diagnosed with cancer
  3. Losing your home to a natural disaster
  4. Losing your job
  5. The hard drive of your primary computer no longer being accessible (without having a proper back-up)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Permanently smelling like a skunk.
  2. Extreme food sickness that turns you off of a whole cuisine forever.
  3. Experiencing a terrible natural disaster, like a hurricane, flooding, wildfires, etc.
  4. Global warming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. The Last Jedi

2. Mayonnaise

3. First week back from Christmas vacation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1.   Being alone in a room with Harvey Weinstein.
  2.   Being outside right now ...  (In the middle of a White Out and Temps are dropping to -1F tonight)
  3.   Having to shovel all that snow in the morning...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jbone27 PE said:

1. The Last Jedi

2. Mayonnaise

3. First week back from Christmas vacation

Fixt.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bud Heavy

2. Having a Democrat in the White House

3. Living in California

4. Living in Philadelphia

5. Raw Water Diet

6. Au Natural Females

7. 2WD Pickup Trucks

8. Owning a dog that isn't a GSD or Mal

9. Uggs

10. Pumpkin Spice anything

  • Like 1
  • fudgey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's covered the really heavy stuff already, so I have a handful of first world problems here for your enjoyment.

1.  Being really excited to eat something in your refrigerator (yogurt?  I don't know, insert your favorite food here) and realizing it expired two months ago.
2.  Making a really stupid joke on Twitter in poor taste several years ago that someone unearths, retweets, and now everyone is retweeting about what a horrible person you are (this has never happened to me but sounds pretty stressful)
3.  Watching Young Sheldon on CBS.  Why?  Why does this character deserve a prequel?
4.  Knowing that there aren't going to be any new Harry Potter books other than encyclopedias and textbooks :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John QPE said:

1. Bud Heavy

2. Having a Democrat in the White House

3. Living in California

4. Living in Philadelphia

5. Raw Water Diet

6. Au Natural Females

7. 2WD Pickup Trucks

8. Owning a dog that isn't a GSD or Mal

9. Uggs

10. Pumpkin Spice anything

Holy crap, raw water diet is a real thing? WHY????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Realizing all the stupid time spent studying caused my Splatoon 2 skills drop enough for my darn kid to get better than me....I'm a failure in two arenas now!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Mother in laws

2. Running out of beer

3. Hemorrhoids

4. Getting pocked in the eye

5. Getting pocked in the hemorrhoids

6. Getting kicked in the nuts

7. The baby isn't your

8. Mother in laws 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, txjennah said:

Holy crap, raw water diet is a real thing? WHY????

Don't knock it until you've tried it! :thumbs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt267 PE said:

1. Mother in laws

2. Running out of beer

3. Hemorrhoids

4. Getting pocked in the eye

5. Getting pocked in the hemorrhoids

6. Getting kicked in the nuts

7. The baby isn't your

8. Mother in laws 

I like how both 1 and 8 are mother in laws.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being able to clear your browser history after you die.

 

(I failed twice) Don't sweat it. Change your study habits, work more problems, or like me change sections and try something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ruggercsc said:
  1. An endorsement from Steve Bannon
  2. Trying to jump in the middle of "Whose is bigger contest" between Trump and Dennis Rodman's North Korean BFF
  3. Being a Browns Fan
  4. That Virginia candidate who lost the election by losing the pick numbers out of film cannister contest 
  5. The Democrats in Viriginia who lost potential control of the state legislature by losing the pick a number out of film cannister contest  

All of this is :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But for real... being a Browns fan... le ouch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living somewhere that's colder than 50 degrees right now. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, leggo PE said:

Fixt.

y'all think The Last Jedi was that bad?? I'm judging myself for thinking it was good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, txjennah said:

Everyone's covered the really heavy stuff already, so I have a handful of first world problems here for your enjoyment.

1.  Being really excited to eat something in your refrigerator (yogurt?  I don't know, insert your favorite food here) and realizing it expired two months ago.
2.  Making a really stupid joke on Twitter in poor taste several years ago that someone unearths, retweets, and now everyone is retweeting about what a horrible person you are (this has never happened to me but sounds pretty stressful)
3.  Watching Young Sheldon on CBS.  Why?  Why does this character deserve a prequel?
4.  Knowing that there aren't going to be any new Harry Potter books other than encyclopedias and textbooks :( 

Also being really excited to eat something in the refrigerator and realizing SOMEONE ALREADY ATE IT :((((((((

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, vee043324 said:

All of this is :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But for real... being a Browns fan... le ouch

I am not a Brown's fan but have you seen there record the last 10 years?

  1. 2008:  4-12
  2. 2009: 5-11
  3. 2010: 5-11
  4. 2011: 4-12
  5. 2012: 5-11
  6. 2013: 4-12
  7. 2014: 7-9
  8. 2015: 3-13
  9. 2016: 1-15
  10. 2017: 0-16

You gotta feel sorry for the long suffering Dawg Pound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vee043324 said:

Also being really excited to eat something in the refrigerator and realizing SOMEONE ALREADY ATE IT :((((((((

UNFORGIVABLE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, txjennah said:

UNFORGIVABLE.

Says the one getting married soon. #GiveItTime #ForgivenessIsDivine

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

Says the one getting married soon. #GiveItTime #ForgivenessIsDivine

My wife is 5 months pregnant...I have lost all food dibs privileges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jbone27 PE said:

My wife is 5 months pregnant...I have lost all food dibs privileges

Ha. Or that just means you have to get a better handle on her schedule so you know when and what to get. :thumbs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 turkey bacon

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...