PA Licenses are going out - OCT 2017 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
civilengrdude

PA Licenses are going out

If they are adding in ascending order, they have only made it from PE086822 to PE086834 in the last hour. We could all be waiting awhile.

its the strategy my coworker used to find out he passed before the notification went out, and it looks to be working again.  he said they did like 200 in 30 minutes back then tho.. hopefully it speeds up

Has everyone gotten a license number in PALS? I have the NCEES notification, but no update on PALS.

Nope I haven’t gotten my number yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing for me either.  they only added about 70 licenses since i made this post.  looked like about 10 ppl got them after the exam, the other 60 were other people applying from other states from comity

28 minutes ago, civilengrdude said:

nothing for me either.  they only added about 70 licenses since i made this post.  looked like about 10 ppl got them after the exam, the other 60 were other people applying from other states from comity

I'm not from PA but are the licenses from folks who passed the April 2017 exam? or Oct 2017?

I emailed a few days ago.  The reply I received on Thursday (the 17th) was:

Once the tech people figure out how to extract and upload the exam results, your license will be issued and mailed.
We hope this will occur within the next week.

Not very reassuring.  Perhaps some people who passed the computer engineering PE can consult for PA Department of State?

1 hour ago, ereisch said:

Once the tech people figure out how to extract and upload the exam results, your license will be issued and mailed.

I like this response. At least its honest. With the exception of the last part about within a week they aren't setting expectations high. "We are still trying to figure it out". 

FYI, all of the licenses which are going in now appear to be comity from other states.  So while they may have been putting in some licenses by hand on the 6th, they appear to have stopped, and based on the email reply quoted above, I'm guessing they decided to try to do the rest automatically, "once the tech people figure out how to [make 'automatic' work]".

P.S. -- I fully acknowledge I'm probably getting my name moved to the bottom of the pile by posting this...