Jump to content
Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Road Guy

Random Topics 3.1

Recommended Posts

UPDATE ON CHRIS PINE

My friends have figured out what hotel he’s staying at. We will be going there for drinks every day after work for the next couple of weeks.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Szar said:

Lime was eh.  Bought a variety pack.  Working through it now.

@squaretaper you’re officially in the minority. Black cherry is where it’s at 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not raspberry....

Beaver Anal Glands

Do you enjoy strawberry, raspberry, or vanilla ice cream? Then you may be secretly “enjoying” beaver anal glands. This FDA approved food additive, is labeled as a “natural flavor”.  The real name for the additive is Castoreum, which originates from female and male castor sacs. So apparently, beaver butt has a raspberry taste to it.  It’s one of the most common “natural ingredient” in raspberry flavored goodies. Due to the tricky labeling, you’d never suspect a thing.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

need a job? the white house is hiring.

HELP WANTED! "Trump White House advertises at a Hill job fair amid staff exodus," by Annie Karni: "The White House - which has been having trouble filling positions as it bleeds staffers - is now trying to find recruits at a conservative job fair on the Hill. 'Interested in a job at the White House?' is the subject line of an email that was blasted out widely to Republicans on the Hill late Wednesday advertising the upcoming event. It promises that 'representatives from across the Trump administration will be there to meet job seekers of every experience level.'

"A person familiar with the planning said that Johnny DeStefano, who oversees the White House personnel department, and Sean Doocey, a deputy assistant to the president for presidential personnel, are expected to be on hand, among other officials from the West Wing. The flyer lists positions open in the White House as well as a handful of government agencies including Defense, Interior, Commerce, Homeland Security, Health & Human Services, NASA, Energy, and Treasury.

"The 'Executive Branch Job Fair' is scheduled for Friday afternoon in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, according to a flyer attached to the email. 'There are positions currently open and we are looking for the most competent conservatives to recommend,' the flyer, shared with POLITICO, reads. ... A job fair is seen as an unusual step for a White House to take. ... A former Obama administration official said it would have been unheard of in the previous administration." https://politi.co/2JKyFxm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paging @Dleg, we found a way to expedite your presidency!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • fudgey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, envirotex said:

The new Zima...

After dropping a jolly rancher of your flavor into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vee043324 said:

need a job? the white house is hiring.

HELP WANTED! "Trump White House advertises at a Hill job fair amid staff exodus," by Annie Karni: "The White House - which has been having trouble filling positions as it bleeds staffers - is now trying to find recruits at a conservative job fair on the Hill. 'Interested in a job at the White House?' is the subject line of an email that was blasted out widely to Republicans on the Hill late Wednesday advertising the upcoming event. It promises that 'representatives from across the Trump administration will be there to meet job seekers of every experience level.'

"A person familiar with the planning said that Johnny DeStefano, who oversees the White House personnel department, and Sean Doocey, a deputy assistant to the president for presidential personnel, are expected to be on hand, among other officials from the West Wing. The flyer lists positions open in the White House as well as a handful of government agencies including Defense, Interior, Commerce, Homeland Security, Health & Human Services, NASA, Energy, and Treasury.

"The 'Executive Branch Job Fair' is scheduled for Friday afternoon in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, according to a flyer attached to the email. 'There are positions currently open and we are looking for the most competent conservatives to recommend,' the flyer, shared with POLITICO, reads. ... A job fair is seen as an unusual step for a White House to take. ... A former Obama administration official said it would have been unheard of in the previous administration." https://politi.co/2JKyFxm

People who worked in the last administration were probably not too used to a "40 hour work week" nor any of the previous administrations!

Edited by Violator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Violator said:

People who worked in the last administration were probably not too used to a "40 hour work week" nor any of the previous administrations!

yeah. that is totally it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, akwooly said:

yeah. that is totally it.

Hey, the IG report has confirmed that they just sat around texting all day, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this apply to White Claw too?

 

35240451_232095510712398_125624590650887

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vee043324 said:

need a job? the white house is hiring.

HELP WANTED! "Trump White House advertises at a Hill job fair amid staff exodus," by Annie Karni: "The White House - which has been having trouble filling positions as it bleeds staffers - is now trying to find recruits at a conservative job fair on the Hill. 'Interested in a job at the White House?' is the subject line of an email that was blasted out widely to Republicans on the Hill late Wednesday advertising the upcoming event. It promises that 'representatives from across the Trump administration will be there to meet job seekers of every experience level.'

"A person familiar with the planning said that Johnny DeStefano, who oversees the White House personnel department, and Sean Doocey, a deputy assistant to the president for presidential personnel, are expected to be on hand, among other officials from the West Wing. The flyer lists positions open in the White House as well as a handful of government agencies including Defense, Interior, Commerce, Homeland Security, Health & Human Services, NASA, Energy, and Treasury.

"The 'Executive Branch Job Fair' is scheduled for Friday afternoon in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, according to a flyer attached to the email. 'There are positions currently open and we are looking for the most competent conservatives to recommend,' the flyer, shared with POLITICO, reads. ... A job fair is seen as an unusual step for a White House to take. ... A former Obama administration official said it would have been unheard of in the previous administration." https://politi.co/2JKyFxm

full disclosure: i did not write/edit that post - i just copy/pasted it from a POLITICO playbook email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I apply for secretary of transportation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Road Guy said:

Can I apply for secretary of transportation?

For a substantial pay-cut, sure!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

For a substantial pay-cut, sure!

But just think of the positive difference he can make when "topless public transport" becomes his keystone program!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Supe said:

But just think of the positive difference he can make when "topless public transport" becomes his keystone program!

Based on the average public transport user I have witnessed in my years of travels, this would be a BAD idea.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Does this apply to White Claw too?

 

35240451_232095510712398_125624590650887

No - it actually has a bit of flavor.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current secretary of transportation makes right at $200,000

But that would definitely turn into a pay cut and having to live in DC

But making it illegal to use the federal gas tax funds for transit would be priceless

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 11:24 AM, Road Guy said:

Can I apply for secretary of transportation?

12389710.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard Thursday on public transit in between loud songs in my headphones:

Well it wasn't MY syringe, it was Yours! 

Glad the next song started promptly after that.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So John Rocker was right!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 4:21 PM, Road Guy said:

The current secretary of transportation makes right at $200,000

But that would definitely turn into a pay cut and having to live in DC

But making it illegal to use the federal gas tax funds for transit would be priceless

Salary, sure.  But I'm sure there's another 1.6M in "investments" in there somewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I (or anyone on this site) ever run(s) for president, I (he/she) will make sure to fill the cabinet with EB members. @Road Guy Sec. of Transporation is all yours. 

Edited by vee043324

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vee043324 said:

If I (or anyone on this site) ever run(s) for president, I (he/she) will make sure to fill the cabinet with EB members. @Road Guy Sec. of Transportation is all yours. 

also @txjennah you can get EPA. please no used mattress hunting or trying to hook your husband up with a chick-fil-a franchise though. :biggrin:

 

Edited by vee043324
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×