Engineer Boards
​ ​
George Washington Engineering Online Master's Programs

30 minutes ago, ptatohed said:

I think it is good to be aware that these people are amongst us. 

And voting.

• Like 3

I'm only kidding.  I have no problem with the thread.  My attempt at humor was to poke fun at the subject of the conspiracy theory.

26 minutes ago, Sapper PE said:

I'm only kidding.  I have no problem with the thread.  My attempt at humor was to poke fun at the subject of the conspiracy theory.

I was just referring to the acid in nostrils. lol

5 hours ago, thejulie_PE said:

e31.jpg

Took longer than I expected.

Most conspiracy theories attempt to have at least some sort of well thought-out defense for their belief that might make for a good discussion/argument topic and might make a skeptic, at least for a moment, say 'Hmmmmm'. 

But a flat earth?  What is the defense for a flat earth theory?!  How do they explain boats disappearing over the horizon?  Night and day?  Seasons?  Aerial space images?  Eclipses?  Sailing/flying around the world?  Changes in star patterns?  Observing that all other moons and planets are spherical? 

If the earth is flat, where is the edge?  Why hasn't anyone discovered or been to the edge?  What's on the other side of the flat earth?  How thick is the earth? 

Seriously, do they have even one semi-compelling argument? 

• Like 2

And how exactly are they going to fly satellites around the flat earth?

1 hour ago, frazil said:

And how exactly are they going to fly satellites around the flat earth?

Yup, I was thinking the same thing.  To me, orbiting satellites is proof of a spherical earth. 

They orbit the same way the sun and moon do.  Apparently, the flat earth map says that Antarctica is the outer boundary.

sJddKRe.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dexman PE PMP said:

They orbit the same way the sun and moon do.  Apparently, the flat earth map says that Antarctica is the outer boundary.

Like "The Wall" in GoT? :D

That's the real reason nobody's been to the edge.  Can't make it past this guy.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 1:30 PM, ptatohed said:

Most conspiracy theories attempt to have at least some sort of well thought-out defense for their belief that might make for a good discussion/argument topic and might make a skeptic, at least for a moment, say 'Hmmmmm'. 

But a flat earth?  What is the defense for a flat earth theory?!  How do they explain boats disappearing over the horizon?  Night and day?  Seasons?  Aerial space images?  Eclipses?  Sailing/flying around the world?  Changes in star patterns?  Observing that all other moons and planets are spherical? 

If the earth is flat, where is the edge?  Why hasn't anyone discovered or been to the edge?  What's on the other side of the flat earth?  How thick is the earth? 

Seriously, do they have even one semi-compelling argument? 

No.

The flat earth is the real reason global warming is such a problem.  If the earth warms too much, then Antarctica won't stay cold enough to keep the masses from discovering the truth.  Once Antarctica is warm, then any regular person can travel to the edge.  Right now it's so cold that only those who are insiders can get there.

Apparently Admiral Richard E. Byrd must have been deranged since he claimed that there is a land mass bigger than the United States beyond Antarctica.  How could this be possible if it is simply a continent?  If it really is the outer ring on a flat earth, then it makes sense.  I don't think Byrd was ever confined to an asylum for the mentally ill so he must have some credibility on this subject.   Of course everyone who denies what he said has never been to the South Pole, but Admiral Byrd has.  How can his words be explained?

I don't see how this is even a topic of discussion.

My friend Donnie Baker says that the earth is flat.  He even proved it using a level, a football, and a Zima.   Cased Closed.

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2017 at 8:33 PM, Exengineer said:

Apparently Admiral Richard E. Byrd must have been deranged since he claimed that there is a land mass bigger than the United States beyond Antarctica.  How could this be possible if it is simply a continent?  If it really is the outer ring on a flat earth, then it makes sense.  I don't think Byrd was ever confined to an asylum for the mentally ill so he must have some credibility on this subject.   Of course everyone who denies what he said has never been to the South Pole, but Admiral Byrd has.  How can his words be explained?

It's pretty disturbing to see this and discover the amount of stupid you have to be to believe this is the explanation for Byrd's statements.

I blame auto-correct for the flat earth movement.

Just now, Audi driver, P.E. said:

I blame auto-incorrect for the flat earth movement.

Fixt. 

Just now, matt267 PE said:

Fixt. 

That just goes to prove how broken it is.

These people cannot be serious.  Can they?

18 minutes ago, goodal said:

These people cannot be serious.  Can they?

much serious. very wow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1