Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Road Guy

Dumb LinkedIN Recruiter Email of the day thread...

10 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Well, the half east of the Cascades is anyway.

rude.

Just now, thejulie_PE said:

rude.

I grew up on the Peninsula. Went to college for two years in Seattle, lived in Woodinville and Duvall for three years, and now live in the Spokane area.  It's better over here by miles.

2 hours ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

I grew up on the Peninsula. Went to college for two years in Seattle, lived in Woodinville and Duvall for three years, and now live in the Spokane area.  It's better over here by miles.

It's okay, @knight1fox3. I found this one on my own. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2017 at 11:34 AM, wilheldp_PE said:

I was led to believe that D.C. was a swamp in need of draining.

It was drained. He just forgot to tell us the part where he refilled it with raw sewage.

nice try Sauron, nice try....

mordor.jpg

• Haha 4

Reminds me of the other day, when a text I received said "Snoke" instead of "smoke".

• Like 2

so it appears the latest LI annoyance is having "Financial Advisors" using LI to solicit business.. annoying!!!

I got a LinkedIn recruiter message in German for a structural engineer position in Freiburg! A recruiter after my own heart.

:wub:

1 hour ago, leggo PE said:

I got a LinkedIn recruiter message in German for a structural engineer position in Freiburg! A recruiter after my own heart.

:wub:

Is that not a Futurama celebrity couple name? 

10 minutes ago, csb said:

Is that not a Futurama celebrity couple name? 

You'd have to confirm with someone who watches Futurama.

@knight1fox3 - can you help me out with my nerd reference? 

• Confused 1

On 8/6/2017 at 9:14 PM, Exengineer said:

Ever had a recruiter say "So you're an engineer, how would you like to drive trains across the U.S. for BNSF Railway?"

railengineer.jpg

LOL I finally got one. Recruiter from CN wants me to join their Management Trainee Program. Too laughable. I sad cry

• Like 1

Received a recruiter phone call today. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary...except I don't have my phone number listed on my profile.  When I asked him how he got my number, he said his company uses a software that will do public records searches based on information on Linked In. He said, "It's scary how much information is out there in the public areas, huh?"

I hung up on him.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dexman PE PMP said:

Received a recruiter phone call today. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary...except I don't have my phone number listed on my profile.  When I asked him how he got my number, he said his company uses a software that will do public records searches based on information on Linked In. He said, "It's scary how much information is out there in the public areas, huh?"

I hung up on him.

i got a text that said "did you get my email about x job at x?

i was like who dis? 

this is x from x i am contacting you (insert copy paste dialogue here about a great company)

how did you get my information?

I don't know how our system works but you must have your information posted somewhere 

um, i'm not interested and take me off your contact list.

SnoopyRequiredAmericanbulldog.gif

• Haha 4

I mean that weird tall asian chick pushing her wedding ring forward.  lol u think ur hot?

On 6/21/2018 at 9:18 PM, Dexman PE PMP said:

I hung up on him.

It's very annoying and unprofessional.  Especially when in a small office and you have to explain to boss why recruiters are contacting you. 

Hi

• fudgey 1

Nothing I've noticed.  I must not be a target since the Chinese already copied our plant design.

I had some lady texting me asking if I was interested in a position.  She didn't introduce herself or her company and when I asked who she was, she referred to an old voicemail she left months ago.  I told her I was not interested and to stop contacting me over text messages.  Talk about unprofessional.

That would be pretty unacceptable in my book.

I have only had a few jump straight to text, but the LinkedIn messenger is running full bore - (this must be what its like to be a pretty girl on instagram)

one of my recent favorites!

insurance.png

• fudgey 1