Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
lionsroar

NJ Updates

23 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

I believe @NJmike PE has.

that is correct, I did.

EDIT: In fact, mine is already submitted back in.

Edited by NJmike PE

not long after I received word that I had passed

hmmm... I'm still waiting on mine. Maybe I should give them a call. 

42 minutes ago, lionsroar said:

hmmm... I'm still waiting on mine. Maybe I should give them a call. 

call early, call often. they aren't that busy

Being from NJ is so depressing.  I predict that this is the worst state. 

20 minutes ago, Baconator said:

Being from NJ is so depressing.  I predict that this is the worst state. 

armpit of the east coast

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with the board, it appears they mailed out the activation packets 1-2 days ago. I'll be on the lookout and will update when I receive it.

Received, sent back the next day.

Does anybody remember taking the law exam with the FE? On there verification page I already have the law exam checked. 

I definitely took the law exam with the FE, about 7 years ago.  The result is even posted on my PCS account.  For some reason it says "unchecked" on the checklist and I received another law exam with my PE activation packet.  I retook the test and sent it in with the check, figured it was way less hassle than trying to get them to find/acknowledge I previously took and passed it.

9 hours ago, erund9 said:

Received, sent back the next day.

Does anybody remember taking the law exam with the FE? On there verification page I already have the law exam checked. 

I took the law exam after the PE exam ( I believe it was required in order to become an EIT. I wouldn't mind taking the law exam again.

6 hours ago, lionsroar said:

When did you guys @erund9@drewdawg199 mail in the exam? And are your license numbers posted?

Mailed the exam Wednesday, was received this morning.  Phone rep said a license number should be assigned within a week or so.

6 hours ago, youngmotivatedengineer said:

I took the law exam after the PE exam ( I believe it was required in order to become an EIT. I wouldn't mind taking the law exam again.

I meant FE exam.

My check was cashed on 6/16/17 and my checklist notes that date as the fee paid date.  Last week I was told check back in a week.  Today I was told check back in about 2 more weeks.  Does anyone recall how long it took after they cashed your check to assign you a license number? Thanks

I mailed mine in on the the 14th and was received on the 16th. My check still doesn't show up as cashed. I called yesterday and she said the license number will be assigned in 2 weeks, but I should check back in next week. I'll wait until Friday before calling again. 

On a side note, is PCS updated with scores received? Mine still isn't.

2 hours ago, lionsroar said:

On a side note, is PCS updated with scores received? Mine still isn't.

Not for this recent exam.  PCS showed I had a 90 on the law exam from like 7 years ago, but for some reason the state office didn't have record of it, so I just took the law exam again.  I believe PCS is out of the picture now?? If so, I'd imagine there aren't going to be any further updates to PCS accounts.  You should see the law exam acknowledged after it's processed with a date on your checklist (after logging in here:  https://newjersey.mylicense.com/eGov/Login.aspx)

@drewdawg199 Yea I think the board dropped PCS, which is why the scores were released the first day. Btw was your checklist updated?

yes, both the Passed NJ Law Exam and initial License/Permit/Cert Fee items are listed as completed as of last week.  I would say watching for the check to be cashed should be a decent indication that your app is being processed.  

Checked today and I had a license number issued. Should be seeing license mailed soon. I sent it in last Tuesday.