EET!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cperr017

Reaction score
If you did not pass the PE Exam this time around, I highly recommend you to sign up for the classes provided by EET. I took the PE Exam in October and I failed miserably. I studied a lot for the exam and even took a review course through School of PE, which I wouldn't give a high review for, and only managed to get 41/80 questions.  In October, I took the Civil- Structural exam, and I will say that it was very challenging for someone like me that didn't have much Structural experience.  If you didn't do well in the depth section, then it may be worth taking a different depth section.  This time around, I decided to take the Water Resources depth and it worked out.

Dr. Nazrul who teaches the Water Resources depth section is an excellent teacher. His notes are outstanding and if you spend the time reviewing his notes and doing the practice problems, then you have a good chance at passing.  EET provides an intense training program and it took a lot of dedication to finish all the work they recommended that we should do each week, but in the end, if you really commit yourself, then anyone can pass the PE.  If you took EET and didn't pass, give it another shot, they have a free repeat.  Hear it from someone who also took School of PE.  The level of instruction and the notes provided by EET are leaps and bounds better than School of PE.  Without taking EET this exam would have been much more difficult, and I cannot thank them enough for the great level of instruction in both their breadth and depth courses. 

I have to agree that the EET course was very helpful (both breadth and depth). This was my third attempt and I am glad I took the course. The first two times I was preparing on my own and was all over the place. I was scoring in the mid-50s and knew i needed that extra set of guidance to take me over the cut-off score. The materials EET provides covers almost 80% of the exam questions. For the remainder you need the reference materials. I was taking Civil Transportation and had the HCM, MUTCD and AASHTO Greenbook with me.

I had to take the on-demand course since I have a 3 year old and had to have a flexible study schedule. If you are dedicated to completing the course by yourself, on-demand is really helpful. You get access to all the same materials that are provided on the live webinar sessions. You can always contact the course instructor via email if you have any question regarding the materials. They always have responded promptly if I had any questions. Personally, I would strongly recommend this course to my friends and colleagues who are planning to take the PE in the future.

FYI, I PASSED!!!!!

If you did not pass the PE Exam this time around, I highly recommend you to sign up for the classes provided by EET. I took the PE Exam in October and I failed miserably. I studied a lot for the exam and even took a review course through School of PE, which I wouldn't give a high review for, and only managed to get 41/80 questions.  In October, I took the Civil- Structural exam, and I will say that it was very challenging for someone like me that didn't have much Structural experience.  If you didn't do well in the depth section, then it may be worth taking a different depth section.  This time around, I decided to take the Water Resources depth and it worked out.

Dr. Nazrul who teaches the Water Resources depth section is an excellent teacher. His notes are outstanding and if you spend the time reviewing his notes and doing the practice problems, then you have a good chance at passing.  EET provides an intense training program and it took a lot of dedication to finish all the work they recommended that we should do each week, but in the end, if you really commit yourself, then anyone can pass the PE.  If you took EET and didn't pass, give it another shot, they have a free repeat.  Hear it from someone who also took School of PE.  The level of instruction and the notes provided by EET are leaps and bounds better than School of PE.  Without taking EET this exam would have been much more difficult, and I cannot thank them enough for the great level of instruction in both their breadth and depth courses. 
Wow great insight!! Thank you and Congrats..I took school of PE and did not pass(Construction)...I have a free repeat but I was think of just redoing the AM prep over...and doing the Construction Depth classes from EET...how did you feel about the morning prep from School of PE compared to EET?

Cuatona1, I didn't pass construction and took a terrible prep course here in my town that only focused on the morning section. I failed the exam in large part due to construction subjects. I'm thinking EET will make the big difference.

Cuatona1, I didn't pass construction and took a terrible prep course here in my town that only focused on the morning section. I failed the exam in large part due to construction subjects. I'm thinking EET will make the big difference.
yes agreed! I am going to take a couple of weeks of then start sharpening that ax!! October 2017 will be my time!!! lol

Wow great insight!! Thank you and Congrats..I took school of PE and did not pass(Construction)...I have a free repeat but I was think of just redoing the AM prep over...and doing the Construction Depth classes from EET...how did you feel about the morning prep from School of PE compared to EET?
It is totally up to you if you think you need the breadth review also.  I did poorly on the breadth and depth the first go around and so I felt I needed the extra practice.  I signed up for School of PE free repeat, but I ended up not really devoting much time because it was it was essentially the same material as when I first took the class.  There were very few changes.  EET covers a lot of the same material, but I liked how EET divided their notes based on the NCEES topic breakdown. School of PE divided it by subject, but I felt like they covered some subjects that were too complicated or were not listed as topics to study.  I liked the amount of practice problems EET provides.  This extra practice helped me develop speed in solving problems.  The first time I took the PE, I was running out of time and was barely able to finish the exam.  This past time I would say I had about an hour and 15 minutes left to go back and review problems I wasn't sure on. 

You can pass this exam, but it is going to require you to make some changes in how you approach the test.  The pass rate for repeat takers is much lower than first time takers. I think this is because repeat takers approach the test the same way they did the first time they took it.  My colleague suggested I approach the test differently this time around, which I did. I realized time was a factor for me in both the breadth and the depth.  There is a couple of things I did to save time on the test, one is to be a better problem solver. There are going to be problems that you see, which you will never see. I think that the extra practice from EET helped me. The other things I did were buy a Time Armitron countdown clock.  I practiced several times setting it for 4 hr and making it feel like I was taking the actual thing. This watch was also very helpful during the test, to help you know exactly how much time you have left.  Another strategy that I did was to not spend much time erasing anything. If I needed to redo some work, I would Cross it out and start over. I did catch myself erasing some things, but overall I know I saved at least a few minutes by not trying to be neat.  Last thing I did was print a copy of index for the CERM, and my own personal index I made for the breadth notes for EET.  Some people prefer to tab the crap out of their book, but for me I found it much more useful to use an index for the test.

I kind of rambled a bit, but I just wanted to provide some recommendations. If you think that you need the extra practice, then I completely recommend taking the breadth EET.  They don't cover everything, but the extra practice doesn't hurt.  I would say that I used their notes for 85%,  School of PE notes for 2 problems, and  the remaining questions through the CERM or Goswami.  I think the best advice I can give to anyone is to identify your weaknesses and develop a strategy to improve in those areas.  After I took the test the first time, I was down and felt I was stupid.  Don't have that same mindset.  Anyone is capable of passing this test. It isn't a measure of intelligence, rather a measure of your test taking ability. Good luck!!

EET was exactly what I needed!

My focus was simply to improve my morning score. My afternoon (transportation) scores were solid the fist two times I took it and failed.  A bump in the morning was all I needed, and I have the EET course to thank!

I'm planning to take EET for WRE before the October 2017 exam. Can you give me an idea of the hours each week that they recommend? I'm going to do it either way, I'm determined now to pass this freaking test, but I'd like to mentally prepare myself for doing it again...

I'm planning to take EET for WRE before the October 2017 exam. Can you give me an idea of the hours each week that they recommend? I'm going to do it either way, I'm determined now to pass this freaking test, but I'd like to mentally prepare myself for doing it again...
I would say between 15-20 hours. That includes lecture and solving practice problems.  Lecture was about 8 hours. I would say that if you follow their schedule you should be fine.

Good evening everybody!! Shout out to Samir with EET! Well I took the EET on demand portion for construction depth and I would highly recommend it. I passed first try and know for a fact I wouldn't have passed without it. Samir is a great instructor and very enthusiastic about each topic. You receive a binder with each section of the exam tabbed that he goes over it in great detail. At the end of each section there are multiple practice problems for you to work. I did not take the morning review course but if I had to do it again I would because I feel like I did poorly on the breadth and did very well on the depth. I was sweating thinking I failed because i bombed the breadth. It worked out tho I passed but if I had the review course for the morning too i probably would have walked out of the test knowing I passed instead of thinking I missed it by 1 or 2 questions. It's a tough test I studied well over 300 hrs so you will have to study on the side but EET gives you 80-90% of what you will see on the exam and Samir is there to answer any questions u might have. Well worth the money I spent. 

I took EET water resources (breadth and depth) on demand in December, but I did not start study until EET started breadth webinar courses which were 2nd week of Jan. From Jan 15, my strategy was to study 2-hrs every day and watched VIDEO every weekend (say 8-12 hrs of study which includes VIDEO). Depth webinar started from 2nd week of Feb. Even I paid for on-demand, their strategy was/is let on-demand students join webinar session for problem-solving sessions, practice exams sessions and additional questions/answers session. Breadth portion was/is covered by three instructors. Dr. Najrul leads water resources (depth+breadth) and co-teaches soil mechanics and materials. he is very organized and I can say one of the best possible binders for PE exam. His binder covers more than 90% of PE exam questions (for me). I did not study any other materials other than EET materials (depth). Honestly, I could not get time to study everything of his binders, I wish I could. I did three practice test, one from NCEES, one from PPI and one simulated exam from EET. EET simulation was little difficult than other two. I got 72 in EET test. Dr. Nazrul told me I will get  10-15 % more in NCEES exam and I got 84%. I am giving all these details because I liked EET and I think you must get benefit from WRE course (if you can).  I paid about $1000 for both breadth and depth as I got 5% discount as well. It was really difficult to make a decision which one I should join. First, I was trying to join PPI, but it was too expensive for me, >$2300, and had not in depth instruction or materials for WRE depth. Also, PPI breadth was taught by only one instructor which I do not fully agree that one instructor can be an expert on all. Hope this helps.

I cannot agree more; EET is the way to go. Nazrul is a great guy and he really cares about your performance and any concerns you have. In his class sessions, although there are many students, he makes an effort to get to know all of his students. One time, I was sick and didn't attend a class. He noticed I wasn't there and emailed me if I were okay and asked if there was anything he could do to help. He even took time out of his own schedule to have a private 2 hour session to ensure I was caught up with the material. He isn't like your typical instructor that teaches and reads a few slides and checks out for the week; he genuinely cares about you and your success. Don't waste your time and money on other review sessions; EET is the real deal but it is tough at times. The sessions are 9 hours and the homework is intense with more than 100 problems a week but to become a PE, you have to put in the time. Nazrul just shows you the door, you have to walk through it. Thank you EET for helping me pass WRE this spring; the afternoon I was laughing while taking the exam since EET prepared me so well.

Thank you EET!!!! I took a review class at the University of Maryland for the October 2016 exam, and I felt completely unprepared. I signed up for the breadth and transportation depth review from EET for my second attempt in April 2017, and I PASSED!!! I owe it all to EET. The binder was organized so well, and it was really helpful to have a full mock exam included with the course. All the teachers did a great job, but Samir in particular was amazing. He taught the transportation depth portion. His extra practice question sessions were really helpful, and he was always available to answer questions by email. I was very discouraged after I failed in October, and I didn't know how I would ever pass. For anyone else feeling discouraged right now, I highly recommend that you take the EET courses. They were worth every penny!!!

Back