NCEES email in your inbox! - Page 2 - APR 2017 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Owism

NCEES email in your inbox!

I've failed the PE twice before and have no clue when I got the survey. I think at least once, I didn't even get it. But yes, I got the survey already this time around!

Pretty sure they are just trolling/teasing us. I think that is the tradition around here. :rolleyes:<_<

I am pretty sure they send the survey to everyone at the same time. 

1 minute ago, J_MEC said:

I think that is the tradition around here. 

It most certainly is!

Believe whatever you wish. Just providing some background info from previous exam cycles. :dunno:

• Like 1

I also took the PE exam for the first time, and I did get the survey like everyone else, i dont think the time it took to get the survey has anything to do with how well you did on your test. We all need to relax and just wait for official results and then be self judgmental. After reading some of the comments about if you got the survey you failed and I am not going to lie it make me feel bad, to say the least, but its not official note, so lets just wait, and for those of you that already passed the PE test and are posting negative messages, its NOT COOL! 

• Like 1

I wish NCEES is that fast to grade all the exam sheets and separate passed and failed applicants within a week. My test was in Texas on Friday (21st of April). 22nd and 23rd April were weekends which means nothing had been done on those two days. I got survey e-mail on 27th of April. How can it be possible to even collect all the exam materials within 4 days (April 23-26)? Therefore, it does not make any sense that NCEES had collected, graded and screened exam sheets within 4 days to send survey emails to potential failed applicants.  

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, Water_Resources said:

I wish NCEES is that fast to grade all the exam sheets and separate passed and failed applicants within a week. My test was in Texas on Friday (21st of April). 22nd and 23rd April were weekends which means nothing had been done on those two days. I got survey e-mail on 27th of April. How can it be possible to even collect all the exam materials within 4 days (April 23-26)? Therefore, it does not make any sense that NCEES had collected, graded and screened exam sheets within 4 days to send survey emails to potential failed applicants.  

THEY JUST KNOW WHO FAILED!

Or, they just sent out a survey.  Whatever.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:38 PM, PEDream said:

I also took the PE exam for the first time, and I did get the survey like everyone else, i dont think the time it took to get the survey has anything to do with how well you did on your test. We all need to relax and just wait for official results and then be self judgmental. After reading some of the comments about if you got the survey you failed and I am not going to lie it make me feel bad, to say the least, but its not official note, so lets just wait, and for those of you that already passed the PE test and are posting negative messages, its NOT COOL! 

All ethics out the door for engineers...Was ethics even a portion of the PE?

When I passed, I never even got a survey. 

Just now, Audi driver, P.E. said:

When I passed, I never even got a survey. 

:thankyou::sucks:

When I passed I didn't even get my notification from NCEES that results were released and able to be viewed until about 5-6 hours after I already noticed they had been posted on NCEES (because I was refreshing the NCEES website non-stop :D)

10 minutes ago, ngmakhlo_PE said:

When I passed I didn't even get my notification from NCEES that results were released and able to be viewed until about 5-6 hours after I already noticed they had been posted on NCEES (because I was refreshing the NCEES website non-stop :D)

i just wait until this forum becomes bonkers

1 hour ago, Owism said:

and bonkers is a very nice way of putting how it will be in a few weeks. If people are getting this wound up after a few days??? Well....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owism said:

That too!!

I passed in October. I never got a survey...

I did post some pictures of Spock on a few topics on these boards while I waited for the results though.

That seemed to work pretty well.

5 stars.... would Spock again.

I've heard from sources close to the exam that if you give them a nice survey review they lower the cut score for you.

1 hour ago, Charles Webb said:

I've heard from sources close to the exam that if you give them a nice survey review they lower the cut score for you.

Teehee! Good one!

17 hours ago, Charles Webb said:

I've heard something similar. But my source told me that examinees lose points if they don't fill out the survey within 48 hours.

• Like 1

That may explain why I failed twice. I didn't fill out the survey quick enough. Then when I passed I filled out within 10 minutes of getting the email.

On 5/2/2017 at 11:20 AM, Charles Webb said:

That may explain why I failed twice. I didn't fill out the survey quick enough. Then when I passed I filled out within 10 minutes of getting the email.

This is all starting to add up. An engineer is only as good as the amount of time it takes to respond to a client.

3 hours ago, EB NCEES REP said:

we also give extra points for positive feedback on Yelp

NCEES got jokez

Why would a survey only sample failed test takers anyway? Wouldn't you want the largest sample size possible and then you could compare the results in any which way you wanted? It's obvious trolling but hey, I have 3 weeks to kill 

On 4/29/2017 at 6:05 PM, Water_Resources said:

I wish NCEES is that fast to grade all the exam sheets and separate passed and failed applicants within a week.

Therefore, it does not make any sense that NCEES had collected, graded and screened exam sheets within 4 days to send survey emails to potential failed applicants.  

How long could it possible take to grad a scantron? Unless there's more too it that just running a scantron, like QA.

On 5/1/2017 at 4:07 PM, Ken PE 3.0 said:

and bonkers is a very nice way of putting how it will be in a few weeks. If people are getting this wound up after a few days??? Well....

If it's this tense now, these forums are gonna be a rubber room come Memorial Day.