October 2016 Spam-athon Thread - Page 727 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
NJmike PE

October 2016 Spam-athon Thread

2 minutes ago, thejulie_PE said:

so ill just say maybe ill test in october, and start studying after thailand 

After Thailand sounds like a good plan.

Heck, even with decoupling now being a thing in CA, I don't think I plan to take the SE until I have a few more years of experience under my belt. 

15 minutes ago, leggo said:

After Thailand sounds like a good plan.

Heck, even with decoupling now being a thing in CA, I don't think I plan to take the SE until I have a few more years of experience under my belt. 

yeah. i was a bit late to the party for the PE game so i should be thinking about the SE soon. Just have to determine how soon, specifically.

Aw man! I missed the 18k run cause I was freezing my fingers off at a stupid structural observation.

44 minutes ago, thejulie_PE said:

yeah. i was a bit late to the party for the PE game so i should be thinking about the SE soon. Just have to determine how soon, specifically.

Haha, what do you mean? I have 4+ years of experience in a state where you only need 2 years to take the PE (one if you have a master's).

Then again, I  did start my professional career in a state where I needed 4 years of experience before taking the exam.

35 minutes ago, thekzieg PE said:

Aw man! I missed the 18k run cause I was freezing my fingers off at a stupid structural observation.

I hope you still have some fingers left with which you can type (read: spam).

@thekzieg PE do you know anyone who took SE this oct? wondering if results are out yet. 

So, what's the dealio in this thread, eh?

13 minutes ago, leggo said:

Haha, what do you mean? I have 4+ years of experience in a state where you only need 2 years to take the PE (one if you have a master's).

Then again, I  did start my professional career in a state where I needed 4 years of experience before taking the exam.

i have technically 8ish years of experience, but a different degree situation, so we're probably about the same in verified experience level. a lot of the people my age at my company took the SE this oct. my years of experience are muddy though because of the recession i jumped to do bridges then back to buildings but was really just structural BIM and then now i'm back in the building game. i'm basically a mess :D

8 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

So, what's the dealio in this thread, eh?

iono

i thought i was unstoppable

then @thekzieg PE reminded me i could get banned.

so here we are.

1 minute ago, thejulie_PE said:

iono

i thought i was unstoppable

then @thekzieg PE reminded me i could get banned.

so here we are.

Good plan.

57 minutes ago, thejulie_PE said:

@thekzieg PE do you know anyone who took SE this oct? wondering if results are out yet. 

Nope...This year was a weird gap year between people who just passed it and people who don't quite qualify yet.

Ssssaaaafffffeeeeeettttttyyyyyy

go pats. 

5 hours ago, thejulie_PE said:

so, according to david connor's schedule i should have started studying at the beginning of october to pass one half of the SE in april. 

Perhaps, I think it depends on your base knowledge. If you felt the PE STR depth was a bit of a challenge then you will definitely need that much time. As for the SE, I studied only 300 hrs, went straight for the Vert and Lat on a weekend in 2014, failed both. Signed up for the SE Vert Oct 2015 with another 300 hrs of study and failed again. I was a bit frustrated to say the least and signed up for the PE April 2016 and passed. I realized the PE tests your basic understanding of analysis and code. The SE tests your understanding of vague code exceptions and comprehensive structural analysis theory.

I will take the SE again when the kids are out of diapers. Might even get my structural masters degree first. Four kids under six and a heavy workload is not easy to put forth the time for that exam. My wife is an angel for her part. 

You have an advantage over my experience with the seismic, I had to learn that from scratch.