Aging - Page 3 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Sapper PE LS

Aging

No comments on dealing with aging. I'm closer to 40 than 30, and have no gray hair, and its natural (don't color, not even highlights). Don't look my age, but waiting for that to catch up with me.

All the hairs are in place.  Probably a little receding, but not much. My dads side were all balding by their late 20's.  My moms side took a full head of hair to the grave.  Looks like I got her side.

I think the baldness jean comes from your mother's father. So you're good.

31 minutes ago, matt267 PE said:

If that's the case, I'm f*cked.  My father on the other hand is in his late 60's and has a salt and pepper mop for hair.  I don't think he's lost a strand.

34 minutes ago, matt267 PE said:

i call bs on this one...mr snick's mom's dad had full head of hair his entire life and he didn't even start graying until he hit his late 70s.  Mr snicks taking after his dad, gray and balding on top, although thankfully he refuses to comb over like his dad.

4 minutes ago, snickerd3 said:

i call bs on this one...mr snick's mom's dad had full head of hair his entire life and he didn't even start graying until he hit his late 70s.  Mr snicks taking after his dad, gray and balding on top, although thankfully he refuses to comb over like his dad.

Hey, I didn't make it up.

My mother's father was mostly bald. So far though, I have a thick head of white hair. So I'm hoping there's more to it.

minisnick doesn't stand a chance when he is older....he has early baldness on both side of the family.  

I'm not bald but very thin, gray, and heading to white.  My neighbor is a hair dresser by occupation and since my long-time barber died about 5 years ago, my neighbor cuts my hair (no charge as I help him with computer issues).  He talked me into applying some color.  I just wanted to go from white back to salt/pepper look.  Well it wasn't pretty as the color he put in went to a blond/ginger sort of color.  since then I've backed off on the coloring and just cut it short.

14 hours ago, Ble_PE said:

Is it turning gray?

Fortunately/Unfortunately(?) yes

NO ONE LOOK MA_PE IN THE EYES! HE'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MA_PE said:

I'm not bald but very thin, gray, and heading to white.  My neighbor is a hair dresser by occupation and since my long-time barber died about 5 years ago, my neighbor cuts my hair (no charge as I help him with computer issues).  He talked me into applying some color.  I just wanted to go from white back to salt/pepper look.  Well it wasn't pretty as the color he put in went to a blond/ginger sort of color.  since then I've backed off on the coloring and just cut it short.

there's your problem.  For the salt and pepper look, you need this http://justformen.com/touchofgray/

3 hours ago, matt267 PE said:

^ Do you let your wife make all your decisions for you?

Let me ask her, I'll get back to you.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Road Guy said:

Kudos to you trying for additional kids, having one kid is for fucking pussies

pun intended?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MA_PE said:

Well it wasn't pretty as the color he put in went to a blond/ginger sort of color.  since then I've backed off on the coloring and just cut it short.

So you used the Trump coloring kit? :dunno:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, snickerd3 said:

minisnick doesn't stand a chance when he is older....he has early baldness on both side of the family.  

Same for mini-ble1. I keep telling him to enjoy his hair while he's got it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snickerd3 said:

there's your problem.  For the salt and pepper look, you need this http://justformen.com/touchofgray/

He actually got a new product specifically like that but I have not bought in on it yet.

2 hours ago, knight1fox3 said:

So you used the Trump coloring kit? :dunno:

could be.

On 9/20/2016 at 6:54 PM, Sapper PE said:

So, what tips, techniques, advice do you have to pass on to younger folks about aging.  I'm seeing more wrinkles and grays than I ever thought I'd see on myself.  I'm balding, pretty significantly now, and I am going to be turning 40 in 3 months.  Any advice on how to do this shit gracefully?

Live in a tropical environment, only drink beer after running 5 miles and sweating a gallon.  That worked for me for a while.

Now that I'm living back in the real world, I feel like my age is catching up to me fast.  Recently I doubled my exercise, and while I am feeling fit I have not lost a pound.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd call living in Alaska "the real world".  I mean, isn't it like -20 degrees there year round?  I know, I know, it's a dry cold.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sapper PE said:

I'm not sure I'd call living in Alaska "the real world".  I mean, isn't it like -20 degrees there year round?  I know, I know, it's a dry cold.

yeah, but on the upside....

I think by real world he means, "back in society"  movie theatres, restaurants, home improvement projects, etc..

• Like 1

Yeah, I basically mean the Rat Race.  I think that is what really ages You People. 

That, and perhaps it's the beer.  In the islands, all we could drink was Bud Light and Miller Lite, mon.  Basically just water, rehydrating you with a little taste and a little buzz. None of this IPA and Porter crap that You People are all drinking over here, filling you up with heart-burn inducing hops and belly bloat.

:dunno: 

• Like 1