TI Calculator Help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help.. I am working on studying for the CA Surveying exam and using the TI 30X IIS that I am planning to use for the PE. I am trying to add and subtract angles and don't know how to have this calculator add them in degrees and seconds? Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

The key you need is 2nd row from top, 3rd from left: has the symbols o ' " on the key.

You can enter an angle in DMS by entering number of degrees, press DMSkey, scroll to o, press =, enter number of minutes, press DMSkey, scroll to ', press =, etc.

You can enter an angle in degrees, say 46.78, and convert to DMS by pressing DMSkey, scroll to DMS, press =

fingers,

it's kind of troublesome, but single is right....

once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine.

ktulu

The key you need is 2nd row from top, 3rd from left: has the symbols o ' " on the key.
You can enter an angle in DMS by entering number of degrees, press DMSkey, scroll to o, press =, enter number of minutes, press DMSkey, scroll to ', press =, etc.

You can enter an angle in degrees, say 46.78, and convert to DMS by pressing DMSkey, scroll to DMS, press =
Thanks so much - that is exactly what I needed to know. So once I enter the angle in deg and add/subtract I need to convert back to DMS to get the answer in deg.. I think that is the step I have been missing... I love this board!

Thanks so much - that is exactly what I needed to know. So once I enter the angle in deg and add/subtract I need to convert back to DMS to get the answer in deg.. I think that is the step I have been missing... I love this board!

FYI--That calculator (and that specific function) is EXTREMELY useful for the CA surveying exam. :bio:

FYI--That calculator (and that specific function) is EXTREMELY useful for the CA surveying exam. :thumbs:
Thanks for this heads up! I'll be taking this one with my 2 HP33S's just for this feature! Any other features on that calc that are useful? Not that I'm complaining, that alone is worth $11!

Back