Engineer Boards
​ ​
knight1fox3

Home Improvement/Repair Questions

I spent some more time trying to find my sprinkler leak this past weekend,

To summarize so far I replaced all 4 valves that control anything remotely close to this area – (Still a leak / big pond of water)

Replaced the line  and sprinklers that were closest to the lieak (still a leak/ big pond of water)

Did some digging Monday near a bunch of Iris’ plants which are close to the “pond” and find a drip line that had broken off – water not gushing out but defin more than the normal drip line.

So have I wasted a few hundred bucks and 20 hours of time digging up my yard to only need to spend .50 cents on a busted drip line connection? Tell me a busted drip line cant cause a 10FT diameter hold around 2 foot deep full of water??

Guess time will tell if the pond goes away  :(

In that Colorado clay?  Over time, as it swells and becomes impermeable, I could see that becoming a pond.

I replaced our shower head yesterday.  The hardest part was deciding between liquid teflon and teflon tape. :tardbang2:

• Like 1

we need to replace our shower head or the very least reseat it with new teflon tape.  It drips...but it is also an older shower head.  

1 hour ago, Master slacker said:

I replaced our shower head yesterday.  The hardest part was deciding between liquid teflon and teflon tape. :tardbang2:

Swagelok SWAK is liquid gold!

Our old shower head was CLR'd occasionally until it couldn't be revived any more.  F it.  Spent $17 on a new one and I think it doubled the resale value of the shower.

I have a question about building a house pad for our "soon to be built" home.  I'm trying to get quotes for the amount of fill (red clay) I'm going to need, and I didn't really agree with the amount my first quote said.  Does anyone have a way to determine how many 24 cubic yard truck loads I will need adding for compaction?  Our land is not too level, so I'm estimating about 3 feet of fill on average.  The pad is going to be about 95 feet by 85 feet.  Thank you for anyone's input.

Usually assuming 30% extra for compaction is standard for estimating purposes

But there is actually a fair amount that goes into it including moisture content and what you are using to compact it with. If you are doing this your self you should compact in no more than 12 inch lifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I would't assume that a 24 yard truck will deliver exactly 24 cy. I think they usually end up with approximately 80% of the max payload.