TV shows you once liked, but now don't

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Not stuff you liked as a kid. More recent stuff.

1) Pawn Stars: The drama overcame the cool history lessons.

2) Fast and Loud: Not even fun to watch anymore. Pimp my Ride with no street cred.

3) Burn Notice: Good characters, good story, but somehow got boring (and I can't stand Fi's voice)

4) Big Bang Theory: rerun contempt...may resolve itself come September

5) How I met your Mother: good concept...for a few seasons....has gone on waaaay too long

Person of Interest: How many times can the bad guys miss when they shoot at Mr. Reese, and just how fast can Harold write source code that hack into any server no matter the level of encryption.

Last edited by a moderator:
for big bang theory...it seemed like this past season was short...or maybe because they kept taking so many breaks btwn new episodes.

Warehouse 13 has gotten old.

GHost hunters too.

NCIS: LA. They are no-longer NAVY investigators, and somehow have evolved into world-wide terrorist hunters. The characters are good (and Kinzie is HOT), but they've strayed too far from the original premise.

Sons of Anarchy. Don't know why I stopped watching, just got a little too dramatic for a bunch of "manly bike gang members"...

CSI - the original Vegas version, I never watched any of the spinoffs.

I've gotten to the point that I really don't watch much TV outside of my usual sporting events, and I will often-times default to some random movie on Spike or FX or even a special on History/Animal Planet/Discovery.

The Menalist

Law & Order

Law & Order SVU

We even watched L&O Criminal Intent for a while

Desperate Housewives (that experiment should have died at the end of Season 1 - roughly the last we've seen it)

Family Guy. It was funny when it first started. It was funnier when it came back, but the last 2 years has become little more than "Simpsons already did it"

Hell's Kitchen - After the 2nd season, there was nothing new about it

Shows that we still watch:

Deadliest Catch

So You Think You Can Dance

NCIS

Being Human (American SyFy version)

Big Bang Theory (we didn't see most of the early seasons, so the reruns aren't so bad)

My wife records a few more shows that I simply can't stand:

Lost Girl (SyFy). The plot is horrible, but there is a LOT of hot lesbo action (although still PG13)

Vampire Diaries

Once Upon a Time

Dr. Who (more of a Netflix thing)

True Blood (also on Netflix)

we watched one more season of deadliest catch after Phil died then no more...couldn't stand the new boats they brought on.

Gold rush...hope they cancel and not bring it back

Hero's was great for a couple of seasons then started sucking really bad

The Office. Couldnt watch the last 3 years. After Michael left it sucked.

Falling Skies. I still like this one but it got too gross for the little ones.

Law and Order. Just too repetitive.

CSI original. Just got too unrealistic. People are not that demented.

CSI Miami. David Caruso trying to be dramatic cracked me up.

On the other Hand...

The Unit was great. I wish that had not died.

Jericho was pretty good and had promise, but not a large enough audience.

Arrested Development was great and the new season on Netflix is just as good.

American Idol...Watched the first 7 or 8 seasons, but singers got too boring with no real stand-out stars in the making.

Now finished as a show, but Orange County Choppers. I liked the first couple of seasons.

American Pickers. Just had enough of it, I guess.

Same with American Restoration.

Was just telling my wife the same thing about Burn Notice last night that I hope they end the series soon, then on the commercial break they said it was the final season.

30 Rock - loved the first four seasons, but the characters got tiresome after that.

It's Always Sunny - writing went downhill after Dee had her baby in real life.

Community - I'm going to scream if I have to hear the word "meta" one more time.

Real World- I think I was twelve when it debuted and I thought it would be SO cool to live in NYC with a bunch of strangers and Eric Nies was SO hot.

Fast forward to now and I think, "Why don't these lazy bastards get jobs?! Quit getting drunk and screwing your roommates!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitchen Nightmares

Pawn Stars

American Pickers

American Restoration

American Hot Rod

Orange County Choppers

Storage Wars

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, and they are all for the same reason. The first season or so, it seems like a real look into the life and times of people that do interesting things for a living. After that, the producers know which parts of said lives make Joe Sixpack watch the show, and they only focus on those things. Also around that time, the "stars" of the show start getting a little bit of fame and fortune, so their personalities completely change. The show becomes less and less about the job, and more about people arguing or just talking to the camera. Those are exactly the things I hate about normal "reality shows," so I lose interest quickly.

Back when I had TV service, I liked American Choppers. It's spun off into some weird crap the last time I watched a more recent version of the show.

Makes me glad I don't have TV service anymore.

Back