California Board adding new PE's before results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndekens

Reaction score
So I have been through the routine several times now. Study, Take test, impatiantly wait and refresh PE database until you go crazy only to find out after you give up all hope of ever getting your results that you failed once again......

Anyways after doing this more then I wanted to I noticed that every time the California PE database adds roughly 5-15 new PE (electrical) numbers to there lookup database a few weeks before the results are sent out. The kicker is that all these new PE's are out of state only.

So whats the theory? Does California already have the results and they simply add the out of state PE's first?? or are they messing with us? Recently within the last week the last electrical number went from 20195 to 20201 all the new ones are out of state.

Just a guess, but most likely its people licensed in other states getting their CA license by comity. IOW, people transferring their license from other states but not taking the test.

x3. Check the address of the new EE licensees you are seeing. All of them should be out of state.

From what I've read here on the forums, NCEES and/or the Board (depending on your state) will e-mail/mail the results before your state board posts the new licensees on the website.

For example from memory, some people here have reported a wait time of up to a few weeks between getting a passing letter and seeing their name on the website.

I'm afraid all you can do is wait for the e-mail/letter.

I can't comment on the database first being updated with 5-15 out of state Electrical Engineers as I have never noticed this or seen anyone mention it.

However, in my experience, the CA data base is always updated before the pass letters are received by the examinees. For instance, I saw myself on the CA database late Dec 2011 and received my letter early Jan 2012.

Back