Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​

1 hour ago, snickerd3 said:

use that you your advantage.  do your online research about pricing/options then play them off each other.  you can almost literally walk to the next one.  

Nah, they're all in cahoots with each other.  For me it's tiring because I'm literally like, "I know you're getting the car from BLANK.  I am only here because the Costco program for cars says that this is the price I'm getting and you're the only dealership that works with them.  We both know this is the price I'm paying, but keep asking me to upgrade and I'll just sit here."  🙄

@Master slacker I don't think it'll be totaled, but whenever I think things are going JayKay way, they usually aren't.  So I'll keep my fingers crossed until the adjuster calls me, says it isn't too bad, and gives me a time line.  Aka; all I want for Christmas is my car.  

Just say "go write this up, or I'm walking out the door."  If they say anything other than "OK", pick up the paper with the price written on it, and start walking.  They will trip over themselves to chase you into the parking lot if you've called their bluff.

I like to argue and haggle at work and such but I just don't care to do that for my personal purchases, aside from my house - so I usually just go to CarMax and get a 1 year old vehicle, save some money and all the BS associated with dealerships.

19 minutes ago, MA_PE said:

Anyone heard for increasing the range of your remote fob by holding to your head??

Just learned about this on a car site that I frequent.  I guess it works!

http://lifeinboxes.blogspot.com/2008/02/mythbusters-can-you-increase-range-of.html

I learned this in 2002 in the parking lot of a St. Louis Olive Garden and it's magical. 

giphy.gif

Now that I'm not driving my car/do not have it nearby, I'm suddenly realizing how much stuff I threw in there.  Raining?  No extra umbrellas.  Tire pressure low?  No pressure gaugy thingy.  Horseback riding?  Half chaps were in trunk.  Uggggggh.

2 hours ago, Master slacker said:

lama.gif

At least they weren't full chaps!  Gave them up when I went full-English.  No more tassels for me!!!! 😉

Saturday was a busy day.  Changed oil in two cars, changed wipers on two cars, rotated tires on two cars, changed coolant in one car, washed / waxed one car.  Was an excellent stay-out-of-the-house-because-the-neighbor's-kid-is-over-and-all-the-kids-are-f'ing-crazy day.