Do Not Give Up - I passed the FE exam on the 6th attempt!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTKJeep

Reaction score
FE exam 1st attempt in 1987 in TN, the year I graduated with a BSCE, score 67 (70 was a passing score).

2nd 1988 in TN

3rd 1990 in TN

4th April 2008 in IA

5th October 2010 in IA

6th October 2011 in IA - Passed

Best advice - know the FE Handbook provided front to back. I also used the Lindberg FE Review Manual to study.

I have applied to take the PE exam in TN April 2012.

Congratulations MTKJeep, a great story of resolve and message that we all need to hear! Good Luck!

Thanks!

I kept trying because I would like to move back to my home state TN, and get the type of job (and pay) that I can only achieve with my PE license.

And just as a personal accomplishment.

I didn't pass the Civil Transportation PE in April 2012. Took it again in October 2012.

Waiting for results........should arrive in snail mail this week..........

I failed October 2012 PE Civil/Transportation. This was my 2nd attempt for the PE. I'll re-take in April 2013.

All who didn't pass the FE, please try again, you will eventually pass!

Congratulations!

But just a cent of my opinion, incase you already pass the PE Exam and started supervising the designs, i hope you review the design details/calculations thoroughly atleast 6 or more times before you stamp on the drawings and documents. Because safety and welfare of the public doesn't have a second chance. Let's do it right the first time.

Nice, hopefully being a supervisor means more than just checking over someones calculations and work! Fostering their development and being a part of the design process usually entails checking all parts of a project by multiple people, multiple times...

Back