Just a few days to the PE test!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noghre111

Reaction score
Now that we only have a few days left to the exam day, how is everybody feeling?

Do you think you could have used more time to prepare? or maybe glad to be getting this over with soon? Stressed? Studying? or relaxing and taking a break before the big test day?

I'm anxious to get it over with. I have spent a lot of time studying these past few months I'm looking forward to having free time again. I feel pretty prepared but I'm having a hard time not worrying a little about the uncertainty factor (lol too many risk assessment equations) about car trouble, weather, or some other event the day of the test! As much as we can calculate, predict, and prepare, there are some things out of our control.

I'm planning on spending the weekend going over problems and preparing my references then taking it pretty easy next week. A nice massage the day before should do the trick!

I am down to only the CA Seismic. And, honestly, I am studying harder for this exam than I did the 8-hour and the CA Survey. I have been studying for 4 months, about 6 days a week and I took half of this week and all of next week off work to study full time. I want this behind me and I want my PE! lol It will be nice to have my evenings back (I study almost every night from 10/11pm to 2am). 50% of me thinks if I took the test tomorrow I'd pass and the other 50% is stressing that I only have 5-6 study days left. Argghhh. And then, like oken, I have all these fears of car trouble, sever traffic, dropping my Hiner manual in a puddle, getting abducted by aliens on the way to the exam, etc. lol I really look forward to concurring this and having it behind me. I'm sure you guys feel the same. :)

I have the 8-hr to finish. I've been studying for about 4-months too. I will be calling it quits on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday, I'll be taking my dog to a park. Thursday night, I'll be praying to God to give him thanks and appreciation for giving me an opportunity to get in a good attempt on this PE testing date. I wish you guys all the luck.

I have the same fears too, mine is mostly forgetting to take one of the codes or the references, or my wrist watch beeping middle of the exam, etc... I am planning on setting two alarms to go off in the morning just in case one doesn't work. On the other hand, most of the time I feel prepared for the test, other times I think I need another 3 months to prepare 100%. For the next three days, I'm just going to take sample exams!

I agree with the posters above...ready to get this over with and perform on Friday and Saturday (I'm taking both days of SE) like I've been preparing for several months. I plan to study hard this weekend and taper off until Wednesday night with just final reviews. This approach worked well for me last year when I earned my PE and I felt refreshed for the exam. Remember, the extra time you put in this weekend may be the difference in one or two questions that keep you from passing the exam.

Good Luck to everyone.

I am feeling pretty good. Getting 75-80% on my practice exams. Certainly more time would be nice. However, at the time, it was hard to convince myself that starting to study in April/May/June would make a difference. I am going to spend this week getting everything in order and reviewing some references for the qualitative answers that may save me a lot of time if I know them off of the top of my head. I have found that searching for information for the non numbers questions often takes more time than finding the eq. and solving it. Good luck all.

-Andrew

I think I've got a cold. Is Kleenex considered "loose paper"??

Officially stopped studying as of 7:30. No reason to push any harder. I'm ready to take care of business. Good luck to everyone, and let's all hope for good news in 10 weeks!!

Here's the best advice I can give any of you. Rarely do they ask a question that is just straight forward, although some questions are. The reason they do that is to test to make sure you understand the process behind the formula, so if you pay real close attention to each question, and possibly write down on your paper the UNIT they are expecting the answer in, then solve for that specific unit, you'll be fine. I really didn't understand it the first THREE times I took the exam and failed, but I realized it during my studies on the 4th, and realized I probably should have passed all three earlier tests. So...PAY ATTENTION to the units! READ the question carefully! And don't panic, it's all right in front of you, and you all can pass this test if you just take your time!

Good luck!!!

oh....and I actually drank a 5-hour energy drink before the test, and another one at lunch time. I wouldn't recommend this if you've never tried these before, but if you are familiar with them.....I recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck. Not stress too hard tonight and get a good night sleep is the key to your success. Don't over thinking too much tonight!

Took my final CA-Seismic exam today. I 'think' there is a good chance I may be receiving registration numbers in 10 weeks. :) This will be a long 10 weeks...

Dont even check the site here till Tuesday!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back